Left lower part of breast is tender. 7 months post op. Any suggestions?

My lower breast feels tender and heavy. I had the aspen treatment done to my implant because i had some small scar tissue under the muscle. Also it was the tuba breast augmentation.

Breast aug-7 months post op

Thank you for your question.  I do not perform the tuba breast augmentation and my recommendation is to address this concern with your primary surgeon.  In general, persistent pain is related to persistent scar tissue in the region.  Scar tissue can be treated with a variety of treatments.  A simple treatment is scar massage. Also, hyaluronidase can be injected into the scar to alleviate pain and to dissolve the scar tissue. Best wishes in your recovery!

Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS

Board Certified ENT

Board Certified Plastic Surgery

Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question.  As this tenderness and heaviness seems to be a new symptom since your breast augmentation I would favor seeing your surgeon for an in-person examination or supply a full series of photographs to help establish a diagnosis and treatment plan.  Hope this helps.

Breast tenderness

Any time you have issues or a change in symptoms, you should see your surgeon. He is the best one to advise you in person.

What does your plastic surgeon say

The Aspen treatment is ultrasound to the breast.  This has been around for over 25 years in one way shape or form.  With a tuba procedure, the surgeon goes through your belly button.  Did you have a tummy tuck done at the same time?  Do you have any upper abdominal pain?  Contact your surgeon to get his/her opinion.  Good luck. 

Aspen

I have never heard of the Aspen procedure... I just googled it... That being said...I would discuss your tenderness with the performing provider. Good Luck.