What happens if you have a baby after extended tummy tuck, Lipo of full torso w/ BBL & Breast Lift w/ silicone implants? (photo)

Just curious about pregnancy after cosmetic surgery.. I am willing to be touched up afterward, but just want to know if it will affect the baby and breast feeding? I am scheduled for a bbl in November, but this is what I look like now.. probably will need a tt revision after bbl.. Bc of stretch marks and loose skin.. just wondering for baby's sake.. If there was a pregnancy it would be in 2 years..

The Results of a Mommy Makeover May be Compromised If Prior to Pregnancy

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy and information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation.   Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  Therefore, if you experience weight gain, pregnancies, or any other drastic body altering changes, it is very possible the results may be compromised.  Hence, it may be best to delay your procedure(s) involving the areas affected by pregancy, weight gain and nursing until after your final pregancy if at all possible or predictable. Also, such #combined operations are often performed with our Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with Mommy Makeovers. Therefore, if you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your doctor. Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.  
Your surgery should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience with the procedures you are seeking. Aside from checking #board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Mommy Makeover

Cosmetic surgery will not impact your pregancy or baby. Your pregnancy will impact the results from any body conturing surgery you have had or will have. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy after tummy tuck

If you are definite on having a baby in two years, I would suggest doing that first, finishing breast feeding, and then pursuing further cosmetic surgery.   No sense in spending time, money and recovery time when you know your body will go through significant changes during and after pregnancy.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy and Body Contouring Surgery

Pregnancy and breast feeding can cause rather dramatic changes in body weight, skin elasticity, breast size, and abdominal muscles and are a common reason for revising previous body contouring and breast procedures. I would not count on minor touch ups. Many times the prior procedure has to be completely redone. Consider postponing surgery until you are done having babies or be prepared to spend lots of money for revisions/ re-dos. 

David S. Motoki, MD
Draper Plastic Surgeon

What happens if you have a baby after extended tummy tuck, Lipo of full torso w/ BBL & Breast Lift w/ silicone implants?

RealSelf thanks you for your posting. Best to finish ALL pregnancies before spending all that $$s on a mommy make over. If you do become pregnant than the additional weight gain, stretching of skin would mostly like result i the need of NOT a revision but a full surgery again... 

Thank you for your photos.  You are an excellent candidate for cosmetic surgery.  I would encourage you to wait until you are done having children before having this surgery.  There is a lot of money and recovery time with this surgery.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Pregnancy after Mommy Makeover is safe but expect some relapse

Thank you for your pics and questions.  Pregnancy after tummy tuck is feasible and should not compromise your baby's development, however you may experience recurrent stretching of the abdominal muscles, regrowth of lower abdominal skin and stretch marks.  Breast lifts usually don't interfere with lactation but your "perkiness" may be lost.  In summary, enjoy your MM, have a healthy pregnancy, ensuring that your weight gain follows your OB's recs and good luck!

Lavinia K. Chong, MD