Looking for fuller permanent lips! (photo)

As I said above. I live on Long island, New York. I have had plenty injections throughout the years but the most they ever they lasted was 3 months. Once they didn't work at all. My body was just absorbing it. I've tried Restilyn. 2 injections! 2,000 later. 3 months gone. I want something permanent. What other options do I have. What is the best? Fat transfers, permalip etc...

Fuller Lips - Permanent May be Difficult

Because lips are so soft, I am not a proponent of implants, like permalip. Also, lips should be shaped when augmented, and implants can't achieve that. I have used alloderm or temporalis for lip augmentation, with some success; but you can't get the same amount of volume that you do with injections. I do not use fat transfer to lips. If an irregularity results from the fat transfer, it is nearly impossible to remove. In the end, I have found great success with hyaluronic fillers, such as restylane. Since you lips are so thin at a baseline, I would likely recommend 2 syringes to start, with the plan to add another syringe within the first 3-6 months. After achieving an augmented baseline, you should be able to maintain them with just 1 syringe. Restylane versus Juviderm depends on if you want shape for volume at the time of injection.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Permalip and Fillers

Hi Zena1975

Lip fillers provide an effective temporary solution to help volumize your lips. Dermal filler injections add volume to the lips and typically last around 4-6 months. In some cases duration of the effects can be a bit shorter or longer. It would be best to start with these, to get a feel for how big you want to go. We have had clients that have not responded well to Juvederm and this seems to have disappeared very quickly. We then used Intraline which is thicker and is working well. Just a note though that this does not have any anaesthetic in it at present, which makes for a little bit of discomfort. However do to the fact that you seem to to keep this filler for long, permalip would be a good option.

Permalip™ are revolutionary lip implants that are designed to look and feel natural, yet enhance your lip volume to your desired size. It does not deflate, degrade or rupture over time. Although it’s permanent, it is designed for the ease of placement if a patient wishes to achieve a larger or smaller enhancement or even return to the lips original appearance. It does not limit lip movement and provides a natural look.

Good Luck

Lips

If you are looking for a permanent lip filler procedure, you can do silicone or a fat transfer to the lips. 

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Lip fillers

Fat is a good permanent product but because it does not "take" 100% , you will likely need further treatment to get to the desired result.

Lip Augmemtation

Zena
Your best option is fat transfer which is more permanent. It is done under local anesthesia and fat is usually taken from the lower abdomen or thighs. Studies show that at least 1/2 of transferred fat lasts forever. The procedure is performed under local anesthesia in the office and takes about one hour. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area,with lots of experience with fat transfer.Good Luck

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Microdroplet Silikon-1000 may be well suited for permanent lip augmentation.

Silikon-1000 is an off-label filler that has a long track record of safety and high patient satisfaction, in those looking for permanent natural looking lip augmentation. The experience and technique used by your physician is critical for achieving a desired result. Several treatments may be necessary for a desired result, and treatment intervals are monthly, or longer.

Hope this helps.

Dr Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fuller Lasting Lips

You have a great shape to your lip and I would consider having Juvederm Ultra plus injected into the lips. It should last longer than Restylane.  Best, Dr. Green