Implants or breast lift? (Photo)

hello! im 20 years old, I had a child when i was 17 and gained 60 lbs in the process resulting in my boobs being deflated. I know my nipple is still kind of in an ok position but the volume loss on the top is a lot. I'm really trying to avoid getting a breast lift because of the scarring.. just looking for some input ! thanks (:

Implants versus breast lift?

In looking at your photo, I believe the best surgical option for you would be a breast augmentation. It does not appear that you have enough skin to justify the scarring that occurs in a breast lift.

Just an implant...

Your nipples are in the right place, your breasts just aren't big enough anymore!  Adding a subtle implant will correct that.  It should be under the muscle and a silicone implant for the best, long-lasting effect.  Make sure you are seeing a board-certified Plastic Surgeon -- there are a few posers in your area that should be avoided.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants might be sufficient

You don’t appear to need a lift since the position of your nipples in relation to your inframammary fold does not indicate that your breasts are saggy. You would probably get pleasing results with breast augmentation alone.

Breast Implants

Hi Kay,
You would be an excellent candidate for a dual plane BA. No need for the extensive incisions of a lift.  Please put an index card in your breast fold. If your nipple is at the edge of the card or below, then you would be a candidate for a lift, either a vertical or anchor or areolar incision. If your nipple is above the edge, you could be a candidate for an internal lift called the dual plane. The video below explains the dual plane internal lift. I also attached an article from a peer-reviewed journal to give you an even better idea. I believe the dual plane and implants alone will do it for you, and that you will not need a lift. Be sure to seek a consultation with a BC PS to be sure. All the best, “Dr. Joe”

Implants alone

You dont need a lift to get a really nice looking breast, go for implants. I do recommend you to try some sizers in your consultations to have an idea of how you will look on the size recommended to fill the breasts. 

Best of luckk, 

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

Breast augmentation

You seem to be an excellent candidate for a breast aug.  From the photos, I do not see any reason that you should require a lift.

Make sure you consult with a reputable PS who is well reviewed.

Good luck!

Michael Orseck, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift?

Hi Kay

Hard for me to exactly predict without exam but it looks like you should be fine without a lift.  That said, I would suggest that you can go ahead with a breast augmentation (get the size that you want, don't be talked into the "get them larger than you want to avoid a lift, and get them over the muscle" arguments).  You will likely be happy.  If the nipple location isn't acceptable to you, you can revisit the need for a lift in 6 months to a year.

Breast implants

You do not need a lift. Implants only.............................................................................................................................................................................................
Good luck,

Greg Sexton, M.D.
Columbia, S.C.

Lift vs implants

Thanks for your pictures and question. I agree with other comments. You should be very happy with implants alone. I can't see any reason for a lift. Find a surgeon you trust and good luck!

No need for a breast lift

Thanks for your photos and questions. You would do spectacularly with implants alone. There is no need for a mastopexy. The biggest question now is where do you want the incision to be. My recommendation would be transaxillary for the most discrete result. Enjoy the process. You should do very well.

Peter D. Geldner, MD