I previously had Botox to my forehead & love it. Today I had crows feet done, one side feels puffier than other. Is this normal?

I have previously had botox to my forehead and love it, today I have botox to my crows feet. One side feels puffier than the other, should I be concerned? It looks normal and my botox doc rocks! Also I had eyebrows waxed after, do you think that moved anything?

Botox for crows feet and puffiness

Botox is a great injection for the forehead and crows feet.  Some localized swelling immediately after the procedure is very common.  You should not have any other procedure immediately after Botox injections like your eyebrows waxed since this could put pressure on the site that was injected.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Botox injections.

Botox swelling

Swelling could be from either treatment,take it easy for a day or two and maybe a little ice pack on and off if recommended by your treating doctor and should most likely be fine

Robert Savage, MD (retired)
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Puffiness can be a side effect of Botox injections and waxing

Puffiness can be a side effect of Botox injections and waxing. If this does not start to get better or completely resolve in a few days please schedule a follow up with your Dr to discuss your concerns.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Asymmetrical swelling after Botox?

Dear T,
I'm glad you love your Botox results from previous injections. It is a great product. The swelling that you are experiencing in the days after Botox can be quite normal and should resolve quickly. Sometimes this swelling may be followed by a little bruise. Many patients report faster resolution of their swelling when taking Bromelain, and for bruising, Arnica Montana (pills or topical gel).
Don't be concerned about the product moving. You might have worsened the swelling with the waxing but I anticipate that all will be well. Be sure to check back with your physician to keep him/her aware.
I hope this helps. Best wishes.

Kevin L. Smith, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after Botox

If your injections were just done do not worry.  YOu might have had a rougher injection or rougher waxing on one side then on the other> Give this a couple of days to quiet down but if it does not , see your doctor to have evaluated.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Eyebrow waxing and Botox

Eyebrow waxing can cause some swelling regardless of whether you had Botox injected. Having said that, swelling on one side after Botox to the crow's feet is not unusual.  Report it to your plastic surgeon now and follow up in a few days to see how you are doing.  Good luck. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

One side puffier than the other after Botox treatment to crow's feet

It is possible to get a bit of swelling to an area of the face treated with Botox, and as you have seen, sometimes this only happens on one side and not the other.  I would try some ice packs to the area on and off for a day or two and this should help.  I doubt the waxing of the eyebrows would have caused any problem.  If the swelling is not improving, please contact the physician who treated you.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon