Unsatisfied 19 year old seeking breast revision after unsatisfactory BA, please help! To explant or downsize? (photos)

I rushed into a BA this year, though I was happy with small breats, I wanted to lift them, with areola reduction. My surgeon convinced me I only needed an implant (350cc-400) and I trusted that. I am now living with huge balls on my chest that I hate. They are immense on my frame, spill out to the sides, and my areola reduction never took place (unskilled surgeon). I have chose Lenny Roudner for my revision, who I trust entirely for this feat. I just would like some alternative opinions, please!

Unfortunate BA result

So it appears from your pre-op photos you did not have a straight forward breast augmentation case, you have some degree of tuberous breast deformity which complicates the situation. These cases are not straight forward and simply placing an implant into the breast will leave you with the result you have. At this point removing and or downsizing the implants and performing a areola reduction would give you a much better result and something more similar to the results you are looking for. There are many properly trained and talented surgeon in south florida. I would recommend seeing a few consults and not just settling on one surgeon for your revision opinion.

Breast implant revision

Hi - thanks for your pictures and goal images. Looking at your pre op photos I would recommend implant removal and a breast lift with or without implants depending exactly on what size you wish to achieve.  Your chest shape is very different to the shape of the chests in your goal photos so implant alone will not get you where you want to go.  If you would be happy with simply a lift without implant this would be the best result long term.

Implant removal, lift and fat grafting

Your before pictures show asymmetry of the shape and size. There is mild ptosis and large areola. I offer my patients with similar conditions implant removal , fat grafting and lift. Please see my profile for similar cases. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Unsatisfied 19 year old seeking breast revision after unsatisfactory BA, please help! To explant or downsize?

Based on your photos and your clear desire for perky lifted breasts and areola reduction- breast implants alone- were the wrong operation. A mastopexy/ breast lift was clearly your desire and your pre-op condition sports that. There are several options- to correct this  situation. A lift is something that I would definitely recommend with or without implants. For more info re/ revision surgery you can view this video:

Good choice for revision surgeon. But you need to understand your anatomy dictates the results and your wish pics are unrealistic for your anatomy. Best to discuss with Dr R

I think removing the implants then waiting 2-3 months then doing a lift and reduction is what I would offer you. You will of course have lift scars but small perky breasts.  You can do so many things so please do your homework. Good luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation surgery. You have done a nice shop your posting your photographs and goal photographs also.  Based on these photographs, it is likely that downsizing of breast implants, adjustment of the breast implant capsules, and areola reduction surgery would be indicated.  It is hard to know, based on the photographs posted, whether you will be pleased with breast size if you choose to undergo breast implant removal surgery.  Some of your goal photographs do look quite similar (size wise) to your initial anatomic starting point.

My best suggestion: select your plastic surgeon carefully. Communicate your goals carefully, as you have done here. Learn about the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with all options discussed.  For example, you will need to consider the presence of a scar all the way around the areola (as well as other risks associated with this specific maneuver) if you choose to decrease areola size.   Careful consideration pros/cons associate with all options will be very important when it comes to preventing further disappointment.  You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast implant downsizing surgery concerns, helpful to you as you consider options. Best wishes.