What size and profile implant would I need to receive my desired results? (Photo)

Still unsure about implant sizes, but I am seeing the doctor very soon and my surgery is scheduled for the 7th of July.

What size and profile implant would I need to receive my desired results?

Hi. I would suggest a round, silicon gel implant, 350cc moderate plus profile in a partial submuscular position inserted through a periareolar approach. Please note that your breast shape is very different than your wish photo. All surgeries need to be tailored to each individual's needs.

I am certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and have practiced in the"land of breast implants", Miami, for the past 29 years. I encourage you to look up the surgeon you eventually select and make sure they have years of experience in performing cosmetic breast surgery. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

I wish you the best on your journey. I hope that the info provided has been helpful. Should you require any further clarification, do not hesitate to contact our institute. I answer all questions personally, not through patient coordinators or other marketing individuals.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Good luck on your journey.

Dr. PG

Breast I

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Implants, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 400 will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Size and profile selection

There are many data points that can be used to help you pick a size.  The implant width needs to be based on your chest base width, which is a measurement that needs to be done in person with your surgeon.  This will narrow down the appropriate range of implant sizes.  Different profiles can be used to achieve varying degrees of size and projection while keeping the implant matched to your base width.  You already have a fair amount of projection, so I would guess that a moderate style profile might work best.  In office sizers, 3-D imaging, and comparison photos can be helpful as well.  Ultimately, you should feel pretty comfortable with a narrow size range after you visit your surgeon and discuss options and your aesthetic goals.  Keep in mind, shape and symmetry are just as (if not more) important than size, so choosing cc's is just one part of your surgical decision.  Good luck with your upcoming procedure!

Robert Cohen, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Implant selection

You will need to be seen in person to determine that appropriate size implant that would be best for you. Without seeing you it can be almost impossibe to say for sure.

Breast Implant Choice

Thanks for your question and pictures.  You look like a great candidate for breast augmentation.  Best to have a general sense of what you are hoping to achieve with your post operative look for a good discussion with your surgeon.  You are doing the right thing by finding pictures but also see if your surgeon has a 3D imaging device so you can see different implants on your body.  Communication is key so make sure to be open and honest about your desired look and also what you might hope to avoid.

Wishing you all the best,
Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photographs. Breast implant selection is an exciting, but stressful part of the breast augmentation process as there are so many choices. Unfortunately it is impossible to recommend the best implant style, size or shape without an in-person examination that allows for the measurement of key breast parameters, as well as permits an in-depth discussion as to your desired goals and outcome. I would recommend you voice your concerns with your surgeon, they are in the best position to ensure that the implants the two of your decide upon are the right ones to meet your expectations. It sounds as if it may be wise for you to "try on" several of the implants so that you can have a better visual representation as to what they would look like, and I would recommend starting with the Allergan Inspira or Sientra implants in the 255-275cc range. Best wishes!

Breast Augmentation implant sizes

Thank you for your questions and photos. It is best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can in person examine you, take key measurements and go over with you your specific aesthetic goals. You may also bring some photos of your "ideal" breast augmentation look to your appointment as well. Also included is a review and discussion about the need for a breast lift, incision location, implant placement, implant size, shape and material as there are several key differences and some similarities in the types and shapes of breast implants. It is best to see and feel in person the different sizes, shapes and textures of the various implants during a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Benjamin J. Cousins M.D.
Miami Florida

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  You have very normal breast anatomy and should achieve a very nice result with breast augmentation.

Your desired result is likely a 250 cc breast implant.  However your surgeon will take measurements of the base width of your breast  and choose the appropriate sized implant based on that measurement. Moderate profile plus breast implants in my opinion produce the most natural result.  You can also do the Rice test at home which is described in the following Link below:

What size and profile implant would I need to receive my desired results

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

There are no manufacturers' standards for cup sizing in the bra industry. The cups of a 32 C-D and a 38 C-D are significantly different. Cup size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and even within styles from any particular manufacturer. There is no direct correlation between implant number of cc's and cup size in any particular patient.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest that your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon