If I'm a size 34B, will 650cc be way too much for my implants size?

silicone gel high profile

Implant size

The answer depends less upon your bra size and more upon your frame. If you 5'0" and 100lbs, 650cc implants would look very large. However, if you are 5'10" and 135lbs, they would likely be proportional. The use of a sizing system can go a long way to identifying what looks good on your body. In our office, I like to use the Mentor sizing system. Patients are able to see how they will look in clothes with different implant sizes. 

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Choosing implants

Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck! best, Dean Vistnes, M.D.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Implant selection

You have to be evaluated in person to determine your anatomy and goals. I have no idea based upon what you posted whether the implants you want are the right size for you.

Breast Implants

Hi Elix,
As you can see from the answers, and will read in my answer, this is way above average, but we do this sometimes.  First and foremost the implant should fit the dimensions of your breast and tissue cover. Here are a few tips for you because this is perhaps the hardest decision for a patient to make, as well as the surgeon. Also see the video attached to my answer. Balancing the implant to your over-all body shape and tissue cover is essential.The main thing is to have the diameter of the implant fit the diameter of your breast "foot print". The average size chosen over our last 7,000 breast implants was “350cc”.BUT, 90% of our patients tell us they wish they were bigger a year after BA.(We will see you every year for routine checks at no charge.) It’s like your mind incorporates the "new you" into your own self-image over a period of time. Cup size estimates can be misleading, but I generally advise patients that they will experience an increase of approximately one cup size per 200 cc. You can try on implants in the office by placing them into a special bra.The implant is also flattened somewhat when under the muscle, so it is a good idea to bump it up a bit. Approximately 1-ounce (25cc) is added to the final volume to account for flattening of the implant in the partial sub-muscular pocket. Once you decide on a size you like, then add on 25cc, because in real life the implant will be flattened slightly by your tissues.Multiple measurements need to be taken to fit an implant to your exact anatomy. Have your surgeon's office show you the charts of the implant dimensions for the various profiles of silicone and saline from the manufacturer. Then you and your surgeon can piece together the puzzle by matching your measurements, with your wishes, versus your tissue cover and the available implants to arrive at a surgical plan.Keep in mind larger implants tend to have more problems over the years.Since silicone implants wrinkle less than saline implants, they might be your best bet.
You can also approximate this at home by measuring out an equivalent amount of rice placed into a cutoff foot of old panty-hose, and put this in your bra.Wear this around the house for a while, and see what you think.Implant size must square with assessments of tissue cover, breast diameter, and chest wall width. Multiple measurements of your chest wall are taken (seven in total). Implant size selection has been an issue of much discussion.
Therefore, I use a wide variety of methods, but the implant size is always established preoperatively.Also, patients are advised to bring reference photos demonstrating their ideal size and shape. A photo album of patient pictures is maintained to assist them. These photos ultimately help in determining where the implants will be placed, since they can be shifted inside (to provide more cleavage), to the outside, up or superiorly, and down or inferiorly during surgery. In determining the final size selection, I always place the highest priority on the preoperative measurements and potential tissue cover.Finally, your verbal requests are factored into the analysis.
We use the quick-recovery approach, so click on the web reference link below to have this explained and you can see the list of Quick-Recovery (Flash-Recovery or Rapid-Recovery) Breast Augmentation articles from peer-reviewed surgery journals.It is a surgical procedure that uses special instruments and techniques to minimize tissue damage and avoid touching the ribs. It causes far less trauma to surrounding tissue than traditional approaches, and it dramatically reduces pain and recovery time. In published studies of BA patients, 95-percent of women interviewed after the procedure returned to normal daily activities within 24-hours. Quick-recovery BA is not a “gimmick.”These specialized techniques, which actually speed recovery and get you back to your daily routine, kids and work, are published in our plastic surgery journals.Because these PS journals are “peer-reviewed” and edited, they are the gold-standard in our field as being valid science. Therefore, these are sound techniques, not marketing hype.
Be sure to see only a board certified plastic surgeon (by ABPS - The American Board of Plastic Surgery) who is a member of ASAPS (The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery) and or a member of ASPS (The American Society of Plastic Surgeons). Also, ask if the PS has an established, high volume breast augmentation practice, performing several hundred breast augmentations each year. Be sure the PS has been in practice for a while, about 20-years might be a good gauge.Does the PS offer all three incisions?Discuss the implant type (gel or saline), shaped "gummy bear" or non-shaped, smooth or textured, implant pocket (over or under the muscle) and the "quick-recovery approach."Ask to see their before and after photos if you didn’t see any on their website. If they are experienced, they should have several 100 breast implant patients for you to view. I would also recommend that your doctor offer you the chance to talk to past patients who would be happy to discuss their experience with you. You need to feel comfortable, so make sure the environment is safe as in an accredited surgery center. Also, ask a prospective surgeon if he or she has ever published journal articles in professional peer-reviewed journals, which they can provide you.   
All the best, “Dr. Joe”

650cc implants

Hello, I rarely insert implants of this size, and generally they are for women that have larger body proportions who can accommodate very large implants.  I would recommend having a consultation with an experienced PS, that includes trying on sizers, looking at before and after pics, and/or 3D imaging to help you choose implants that are proportionate to your body type.

If I'm a size 34B, will 650cc be way too much for my breast implants size?

Thank you for your question. 650cc breast implants are huge. If you are concerned they are too big then they definitely are.

For more information on choosing breast implant size please read the following link:

Implants too big

Without actually seeing you physically I would venture to say that 650 would probably be too big.It all depends on chest size,amount of laxity and how much breast tissue you now have.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Without further information and a physical exam, it is difficult to say what size implant would be in your best interest.  However a 650 cc implant is very large and heavy.  If you are not a large girl, this may well be too large and heavy for your frame.  Try the implants on in a bra.  this will give you a good idea as to how heavy they will feel.  Follow the advice of your surgeon in this regard.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Implant size and Time off from work

Choosing the right implant size is very important.  When I recommend a implant size, it is based on dimensional planning as well as each patient's goal.  Each patient's anatomy will determine how wide/high the implant should be.  The amount of existing tissue plays into choosing an implant size and profile.  Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon to be evaluated.  Share with her/him of your desired look.  Best wishes.

Thank you for the question.  Generally speaking, a patient's anatomical “starting point” will play a significant "role" in the outcome that you can expect with breast augmentation surgery. In other words, the specific patients "anatomy" will dictate how large of a breast implant can be utilized safely. Utilizing an implant larger than the patient's "dimensions" can result in an increased risk of complications, potentially requiring additional surgery.

Of course, your chosen plastic surgeon will be able to give you a good idea of what you can expect during the consultation process. Demonstration in front of a full-length mirror and/or viewing goal photographs will be helpful during this communication process. In my practice, I find the use of computer imaging very helpful during this communication phase. In other words, helping patients achieve a sense of realistic expectations is an important part of the preoperative process.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. In bra sizers can be useful communication tools also. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during the communication process.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery ( after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers).
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.