I had a tummy tuck and liposuction. Is it normal to get infection

Infections following cosmetic surgery

Infection is a risk in having any surgical procedure.  I am sorry you had this complication.  It is very important that you return to your plastic surgeon and follow up with him or her until it is determined that the infection has cleared.

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Infection after tummy tuck and liposuction

Infection is a known risk for any surgery.  Fortunately, it is not common in cosmetic surgeries.  The important thing is to see your PS and get appropriate treatment.

Joseph W. Aguiar, MD

Infection post tummy

This can happen.Infection is a risk with ANY type of surgical procedure.Fortunately it is rare.Any procedure may have n infection post op.That is why careful followup is imporatnt.a

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

It is a unforeseen event or complication of any surgery. The real question is are you being treated appropriately????

Not normal

Hello, infections are a complication of any procedure, but it's not a normal to happen even though it can. They can be treated and most of the times the outcome is allright, not altering the final result. Best wishes 

Luis Tactuk Simo, MD

Although an infection is certainly one of the risks of any surgery it is not normal. If you do have an infection or suspect an infection you need to deal with this problem immediately. Contact your plastic surgeon perfomring the procedure for further evaluation and treatment.

Mark A. Jabor, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Infection

Thanks for your question. No, that is not normal. You need to contact your surgeon right away before the infection worsens.

Best Wishes,
Dr. Newall

German Newall, MD

Infection

Thanks for your question. It is not "normal" to get an infection, rather it is something patients and surgeons try to avoid... Signs of infection include increased pain, redness, swelling, and drainage of puss in the area. If you believe you have some or all of these symptoms, please contact you plastic surgeon as soon as possible for evaluation to avoid any disruptions of the recovery process. 

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Jose M. Soler-Baillo, MD

Tummy Tuck and Liposuction with Infection

Thanks for your question. Although I am not sure the details of your surgery, I can assure you that an infection is never "normal." If you have an infection or suspect you have an infection, you need to be seen as soon as possible by the surgeon who performed your surgery.

Hope this helps....

Dallas Buchanan, MD
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Dr Derby Sang

It is never normal to get an infection but it an happen in the post operative process. Important is to contact your Doctor right away so that he can properly evaluate and medicate you.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD