I had a tummy tuck on May 1 and afterwards, they took out my drain. I had it for 2 weeks. Why am I still draining?

Draining post tummy

This can happen and if it is localized      then one can maybe stick a needle into it and aspirate it and if not puttin g in  a small seroma catheter for a short period of time may be the answer.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Still draining after TT.

Hello bmaria. Your still draining because your lymphatic vessels have not fully healed.  Seromas are common after tummy tuck surgery and usually require drainage via small needle using a 20 or 60 cc syringe. The skin in the lower abdomen is numb after TT surgery and the procedure is comfortable as long as it is done very carefully. Best wishes, Dr. ALDO.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Still draining a week after drain removal

Thank you for your question about your tummy tuck.

• A lot depends on how much fluid you are leaking -
  • If it is a few drops, that is fine.
  • If you are draining a lot, you may have a seroma, an infection or both.
  • Contact your plastic surgeon to discuss what is going on and arrange to be seen at the next opportunity.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Without IN PERSON second opinions can not respond to why excess drainage is happening................