Is a BBL w/ Fat Transfer Right for Me? (Photos)

Im 220 lbs w/ No Kids , interested in getting a BBL . . . That's Me in the Striped Pants &+ I want to know if My Wishpics are Possible with a BBL fat Transfer

Hi there! BBL is a surgical procedure involving contouring and liposuction of excess fat from your abdomen, love handles, back and then re-injecting those fat back into the buttocks area for a more pronounced butt.  In order to have BBL surgery, you need to be healthy and have realistic expectations.  Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.  It is also recommended that you see a primary physician for a full preop before your surgery.

Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Is BBL right for me?

Your photos don't convey enough information to make a good determination. However, you will need adequate areas of fat that can be removed and then transferred to the buttocks to augment them. An in-person consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon will help to give you a better understanding of your options and can help to set realistic expectations.  Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Brazilian Butt Lift Revision/ BBL / Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Please put your front, side pictures. These pictures are easier to see if they are taking by someone else not close to the camera of the area you are interested only to give you a better answer.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.  A Brazilian butt lift is a safe and effective procedure that combines liposuction of the abdomen hips waist and back and then fat grafting to the gluteal region. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body. After a successful Brazilian Butt lift, the fat that remains will stay there for the rest of your life. Like the rest of the tissue in your body this fat will grow and age with you.

What do you want VS what do you need.

Hello, In plastic surgery its importat to know three things: 1) What the patients what, 2) what the patients need, 3) What we ca offer. In your case, you have volume in you buttlocks, but maybe there are things in your body that cant let you appreciatte then, like rolls your waist and the shape of it.  i recomend you to loose at least 15 pounds and then make a liposuction of you back and waist,  and make a fat transfer to reshape and get more volume. Have a nice day.

Jean Paul Giudicelli Saba, MD

Thank you for your question and photographs. If you have a BMI of 30 or below and have adequate fat pockets for harvesting you would be a candidate for a BBL. The fat can be harvested from multiple areas on your body and injected into the hips and buttocks to build those up and give you that curvier silhouette. Sometimes, this procedure needs to be staged to achieve your cosmetic goals because injecting too much fat at once can increase the chance of more fat cells not surviving. When I perform a BBL, I will evaluate the patient’s body to make sure that they are a good candidate for the Brazilian butt lift. It will also be assessed as to which areas will be liposuctioned. Depending on the amount of fat necessary to fill the buttocks/hip area, multiple donor sites on the body may be considered. After liposuction has been performed, a closed sterile system is used which ensures the fat tissue is never exposed to the air. This keeps it safe and purified for reinjection into the buttocks/hips. Our plastic surgery office uses P188, a triple-wash antibiotic that sterilizes the tissue and separates the healthy fat from any tissue that may not survive the transfer process. I will then reinject the fat to make sure that the layering is done properly, effectively and that the results are smooth and shapely. I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical examination of your body and see if it is possible to achieve your cosmetic goals.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon