4 Days Post-Op and I feel so big...how much should I expect this swelling to go down? (photos)

I made sure to communicate to my surgeon that I simply wanted something that would fill out the emptiness in my chest and improve droopiness, but nothing that would make me so much larger in the chest than I needed to be. We decided on 330CC moderate Saline implants filled to 350cc. It's been 4 days and I still feel, as though they are both still so swollen and it's been really upsetting me. How much of a decrease in size should I expect?

4 Days Post-Op and I feel so big...how much should I expect this swelling to go down

Thank you for your question. It is very early healing period. Your breast will continue to change in the next several weeks. Please wait 3-4 months and reevaluate. By that time most of the swelling subsides.

4 Days Post-Op and I feel so big...how much should I expect this swelling to go down?

Thank you for your question. So sorry to hear about your frustration. You are quite early in the healing process. The swelling will subside in the next few weeks. You will have a good idea of your size 3 months after your surgery. All the best. 
Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

4 Days Post-Op....how much should I expect swelling to go down.

First of all thank you for the question.  You are only 4 days post op and it is much too soon determine the size.  You can expecting swelling to diminish over the next 4 - 6 weeks.  Give it time.  I would recommend speaking to your surgeon if you have concerns.  Best of Luck.

Heather Rocheford, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

OH com on! ONLY 4 days! But the results appears excellent! After swelling decreases the volume will you be complaining that to small? Allow healing to proceed over the next 3 months. Than decide if you are happy?

Breast implant size

At 4 days you definitely have some swelling. Often during the first week with sudden new size in their breasts patients are worried they are "too big". After they get used to the new look they get very happy or almost wish they had gone bigger. Give it some time. Good luck.

Swollen four days postop

Because you are only 4 days postop, you have a lot of time for the swelling to go down. It takes a full 2 months to see the final size and shape, so don't stress over size right now.  Best wishes in your recovery.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon