2 Months into 350cc implants I didn't know wish for initially, what results can I expect from explant? (photos)

I was talked into implants by a surgeon who was not willing to do a minor lift on my slighly sagging breasts and had poor communication with me. I will most likely be getting an explant with donut lift/areola reduction very soon. What can I expect aesthetically, given they've only been implanted for 2 months. I am fine with small breasts, I'm just scared of sagging and other deformities that may come with removal of the implant, rather than downsizing.

2 months into implants, what should I expect with an explant?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry that your current result has not been what you anticipated.  Based on your narrative I would recommend removing the implants and any hardened capsular tissue and delay any needed breast lift for the future based on the results you obtain from this first stage.  Hope this helps.

Implant removal and lift

Your before pictures show big gap over the center and sagging breast tissue. I offer my patient with your before surgery shape, lift, fat grafting at the same time. Please see the link

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Timing of implant removal

I would agree that you could remove your implants at any point but I would strongly advise waiting at least 3 even 6 months before doing anything else like an additional lift. You might be pleasantly surprised at how much your breasts "rebound" on their own without the implant. In the best case you might not even need additional lifting. Good luck

AlohaDr C

Implant removal

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos , removing the implants and performing a circumareolar lift should give you a good result. You should not get more sagging with only 2 months of Impants . Best of luck with your procedure.

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Implants

Removing the implants sooner than later will put you in a better position for a lift as you desired.

Lift

Your original plan was a good one.  If these implants are now hard, you may need a capsulectomy to avoid a palpable capsular scar postop.  This may reduce your volume somewhat.  Removing the implants, with possibly a capsulectomy and Benelli lift would be recommended now.  

Breast Implant Explant

After removal of the breast implant after such a short time after breast augmentation, the results are not predictable 100%.Depending where the implant was put, how much release of the muscle are the variables. Still You seem that you will do well with explant, No Lift Needed. Decide on the lift later

What results can I expect from explant?

I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment after breast surgery. Although no one can predict exactly what your breasts will look like after breast implant removal surgery, it is likely, based on all the information presented, that your breasts will look very similar to what they looked like prior to breast augmentation surgery.   Favorable factors include: your youth, size of the breast implants, and relatively short duration that they had been in place. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Explant surgery

Thank you for your question.  I think you should have good skin retraction because your implants have only been in a short time.  I would recommend removing the implants and then waiting 6-12 weeks to do the lift to allow the breast tissue to return to its natural state prior to the lift.  Additionally, I would recommend a lollipop type lift versus a donut lift because I think in the long run the lollipop scars don't tend to stretch out as much as the donut lift scars do.  While the lollipop lift does have an additional vertical scar that the donut lift doesn't have, that vertical scar tends to heal quite well and I believe it gives more stable and predictable results.  Good luck and be sure to go to a Board Certified Plastic surgeon that you trust.

Explant

After your implants are removed, your breast should look like they did prior to surgery.  It may be in your best interest to heal from the removal before having a lift to avoid over correction.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD