Follow-up: Unsure of size (photos)

Hi. I am so confused on what size to settle for. I am due a lollipop lift with augmentation in 2 weeks and still undecided on what size would be best to achieve the look I want. I have attached photos of my deflated 32b's and also with the look I am trying to achieve. I understand the only way is with a full examination but any advice to point me in the right direction would be much appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to help :)

Follow-up: Unsure of size

Thank you for your question.  I appreciate the fact that it can be an incredibly challenging process to determine your implant size.  In my practice, my patients first have their breast dimensions measured to get an initial guide for what implants to use.  They then try on different implant sizers to get a better idea of the look that they want while looking in the mirror.  In my experience, I find that this is an important step.  Don't focus too much on a particular number or size but more on the look that you want.  Finally, be sure to consult with an experienced certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Unsure of size

Difficult to say without examining you.  Also be careful about comparing breast augmentation photos when you are having a different operation  that is a lift with implants.  The starting point is different.  Also remember that the lift with implants is two operations performed at the same time and both operations work against one another.  Too large an implant will compromise the lift.  I think you should have another consultation with your plastic surgeon to determine implant size but recognize that your surgeon may choose a smaller implant if the implant you want interferes with the lift.  

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

In my opinion a 325cc implant is not going to give you the look you show as your desired result. You need to return to your surgeon and resize.

Follow-up: Unsure of size

Thank you for your question. The size that yoou desire looks to be at least 350cc possibly 400cc or larger.

You will need a base breast with close to 13 centimeters to accomodaqte  a modrate plus profile which is what the desired photos look like. It all depends on your breast base width measurements which your surgein will measure.

Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Silicone Implants/Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements. Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance. Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).
Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.
These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Difficult To Say

The first question to answer is if you need a mastopexy or breast lift in the first place and if you do, would you be better served to have this procedure in a staged fashion.  It would appear to me that around 325 to 400cc high profile implants would be close to what you are seeking but that would be a question best answered in consultation with your surgeon using sizers or imaging. 

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection?

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Best to work with your surgeon

At this point, it is your surgeon's responsibility to help you feel confident about your choice of breast implant.  It would help if you can tell us your weight and hight.  I don't think that 325cc will get you to a full D.  I would think you would need at least 400cc.
Best Wishes,
nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Unsure of size with breast implants?

Thank you for the question. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful.  Therefore, the advice you receive online will not be specific enough to be very helpful.
Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.
Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery.
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link/video, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.