Itch in boob that can never be itched. Could it be internal healing?

I am 4 weeks post op 390 cc gel implants. Tonight I have an itch all over my boob it feels like and nipple but I can never get to it ! It's driving me mad. There's no rash as I can tell only red I think from where I have been trying to itch it. Could it be internal healing still? I did go back to work today cleaning

Greetings

Thank you for your question  This stretching irritates the nerves which can cause a number of different nipple and breast skin sensations including increased/decreased sensitivity or a burning/electrical feeling.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Itch?

Sometimes an itch is related to healing, sometimes it is related to developing a rash, and sometimes it can be related to the sensory nerves healing. Best to be evaluated by your surgeon.

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your surgery! After an augmentation the nerves of the skin are stretched as a result of swelling and the increased volume of the implants. This stretching irritates the nerves which can cause a number of different nipple and breast skin sensations including increased/decreased sensitivity or a burning/electrical feeling. These normally resolve spontaneously given enough time. Hang in there and be sure to mention these issues to your surgeon during your post-operative appointments.

It may just be your nerves regenerating. This will subside as you fully heal. If you are still worried, best to check in with your operating surgeon. Good luck!