1 week post BA, are the implants in too high and are they too big for my frame? (Photo)

I got 345cc high projection anatomical silicone. 24 years, 130lb, 5'7. I have a wide sternum but small breast width so I had a large gap in my cleavage before, I'm aware it will never be close but is there a chance it will reduce further over time? Originally opted for 250-300cc but went larger on PS advice as I had some loose skin after weight loss so to avoid a lift he wanted to fill out. Do they look too large for my frame (was 32b pre-BA)? Will they get smaller as the muscles relax?

1 week post BA, are the implants in too high and are they too big for my frame?

Your result looks excellent this early after surgery. Your implants will continue to drop and normalize over the next 6-8 weeks. They do not look too large but will look more natural after they drop.

Breast augmentation results

Be patient.  You are in the very early stages of your post operative recovery and its way too early to judge the results of your augmentation.   Its normal to feel like your implants are too large at this stage as it takes time to adjust to having them.  Your implants will also settle and soften over the next three months or so and you will then be able to get an indication of your final results. 

Early breast augmentation

For 1 week you have a great result.  The implants will settle further & I don't believe they look too large for your frame.  But ultimately you are the judge of that.  I would wait to at least 3 months to fully assess where you are at.
All the best

Kim Taylor, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Wait for some time

The final appearance, shape, and movement are not exactly the same as normal breasts. The surgically enlarged breasts do not move in the same way as normal breasts. They tend to be firmer. The contours are usually somewhat different than normal breasts. In some patients these discrepancies may be rather noticeable. Although every effort is made to place the implants symmetrically, complete symmetry is rarely achieved. Immediately after surgery, the breasts are swollen and firmer. The final shape and size is approximated after 2 to 3 months, but up to one year may be required for the end result.

1 week postop from BA

Thank you for your question.  At 1 week postop, it's too early to make any judgment on your final result.  As time progresses, the swelling subsides and the implants settle down into their final position.  You should get a better idea by 3 months postop.  Be sure to discuss your concerns with your PS.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS