Can I fix the asymmetry without having bigger lips? (photos)

I feel like the left lower lip is not as full as the right, wondering if it worth fixing?

Just a little...

You have beautiful natural lips, but I do see the asymmetry.  Almost everyone has some asymmetry. I would personally just try adding a small amount to the under-projected portion of the lower lip to achieve some balance, although I wouldn't expect 100% symmetry

Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

Try a filler?

Thanks for this great question. I suggest a small amount of filler material only. You can ask your injector when he correction looks right and you do not have to go bigger. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Correcting lower lip asymmetry

Thank you for asking about your lower lip asymmtery.

I think a little filler on the smaller side may be all you need to decrease the asymmetry. We are all asymmetric and it looks as though that side of your upper lip is a little smaller too. So have a consultation to discuss what is involved and if only the lower lip should be treated - and enjoy the result!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Can you fix assymmetry of the lip

First, your lips are quite full so it would not be aesthetically pleasing to enlarge them.  You can use a small amount of filler to attempt to make them more even and I would probably choose Restylane Silk as it can be quite effective with small volumes.  Sometimes it is difficult to change lips without distortion so caution is the ideal.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Can I Fix The Asymmetry Without Having Bigger Lips?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about the appearance of your lips.  Based on your photos, I would suggest a very conservative lip augmentation for symmetry only with a small amount of filler.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Can I fix the asymmetry without having bigger lips?

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. From the photos, your upper lip is much larger than your lower lip that does have a smaller left side as you mentioned. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. 

You didn't mention whether the lips had been previously augmented (injected) and if so, whether it was a temporary or a permanent filler.  While the lower lip can be augmented, using a dermal filler or a permalip implant, this would make the lips quite full and large overall. It might be a good idea for you to have a phone or in person consult with an experienced Lip Augmentation Surgeon to discuss your best options.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Improving lower lip asymmetry

This can certainly be improved with fillers. The lower lip should be bigger than the upper and at present it is smaller. Therefore the lower lip "fix" can also enlarge the lower lip a bit and still look natural.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip Asymmetry

It appears from your photos that your upper lip is significantly larger than your lower lip, not necessarily a bad thing. If it bothers you, your options include augmenting your lower lip with fillers like Juvederm ultra plus or fat, or conservative upper lip reduction. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I see the subtle asymmetry to your lower lip and this can be  improved upon with the careful placement of dermal filler.  Any treatment will cause an increase in your  lip volume, but it should not take much to match your right side.  As always, the decision to pursue improvement is up to you and how much it bothers you.  

Lip Asymmetry and Correction

You can fix the lip asymmetry without using a large volume of filler.  Volbella would be the perfect product here. Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green