Blepharoplasty: Which method would leave these bags at the door?! (photos)

I don't mind looking older BUT old and tired is not working for me so I want something done. Is it possible to have a blepharoplasty and it not work? My fear is to go through the procedure but still look the same.

Blepharoplasty: Which method would leave these bags at the door

Surgery will work well for you. Repositioning the fat can be done, or removal. Removal is a more certain correction but can leave you with dark circles over time. Repositioning, in a very small number of cases has to be redone in time, but leaves the eyes looking more natural in the long term

Looking tired

I agree with your concerns. You look tired. Blepharoplasty done by a competent surgeon will give you the result you want with minimal down time and very low risk. Good luck.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty: Which method would leave these bags at the door?!

It appears to me that your eye bags can be removed by a trans-conjunctival blepharoplasty (with an incision on the back side of the lid)-therefore no visible incision.

Fred Suess, MD

Blepharoplasty: Which method would leave these bags at the door?

You appear to be a very good candidate for transconjunctival lower lid blepharoplasty to remove the bags.  Many women I find inherit them from their fathers (though not all). A small incision is made on the lining side of your eyelid and the fat is removed.  It usually provides a long term or permanent solution. 
Best of luck and enjoy your resulst.  Jon A Perlman MD FACS

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Hi, from the photos you appear to have excess fat in the lower eyelids.  Transconjunctival lower Blepharoplasty will reduce these fat bags.  I have performed this procedure for 30 years and have found it to be very safe, quick (about 1 hour) and highly effective at making the lower eyes appear more youthful and less tired.  Hope this helps.  

Baggy Eyelids

For your situation from the photos you included, I would do a trans conjunctival blepharoplasty and a small skin pinch to remove the redundant skin that may be there after the fat is removed. With your ethnicity, I'd be hesitant to treat the skin of your eyelid with laser resurfacing for the fear of creating either a permanently lighter color, or a transiently darker color. I recommend you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area for discussion and recommendations. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Eyelid bags

You would do well with a trans-conjunctival lower lid blepharoplasty with repositioning of the fat.  This is a much better surgery than taking out the fat.  The fat is moved down into the tear trough to give a smooth contour to the lid/cheek junction.  It also prevents hollowing as you age.  See an oculoplastic surgeon as they specialize in eyelid surgery.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

I cannot guess your age, but your skin quality looks good.
You have lost volume in your' under eye' area and hence the bulges are more prominent in the part of the eyelid closer to your nose.
You will need to add volume ( fat or fillers) to your under eye area to build up volume.
This should be combined with any surgery you have.
A in person consultation and assessment by a Plastic Surgeon would be a good place to start. This will help you consider your options
All the best

I think that you should expect improvement in the bags and a much more streamlined appearance with lower eyelid surgery.

Beverly Hills, CA

Blepharoplasty will work

I have added a link that might be helpful...

Hi tansim.  Thank you for sharing photos.  You have extra skin in both lids, and prominent fat pads in the lower lid that collectively make you a good candidate for blepharoplasty. Removing skin & fat, and other surgical maneuvers will make a noticeable difference.  Consult with an ABPS certified plastic surgeon, share any eye problems you may have, routine eyelid swelling from allergies, etc. and be sure to inquire about good skin care to help maintain your results.  Good luck!