Three weeks post breast reduction and I had a hematoma in my left breast that is oozing fluid. When will the hole close up?

Also my areola is completely gone and what can be done to bring the color back?

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 
 3 weeks after Breast Reduction, it's not time enough to express a valid opinion of results.
On the other hand, generally to avoid the normal p.o. swelling, I recommend to limit the arms movement for two weeks. 
Also it's not advisable to carry weight and take the antiinflamatory painkillers drugs.
Finally, I recommend you always use a therapeutic bra.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

How to deal with complications after breast reduction

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing several problems after your breast reduction. If the hematoma has been drained, it will take a few weeks more for the breast to settle and regain the normal softness. You have however mentioned the your areola is "completely gone" ? are you referring to an areola necrosis of just a delayed healing? I would recommend you to see your surgeon to help you in the management of the unfortunate complication you have suffered to try to optimise healing and recovery. Please do contact him/her as soon as possible.

All the best

Andrea Marando

Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon

Manchester - UK

Andrea Marando, MD
Manchester Plastic Surgeon