Loose skin? Yes or no? (Photos)

Ok so I'm 200 pounds 5ft 3in and I have a FAT lower tummy the skin around it it tight feeling but it looks kind of rinkly, is that from the fat? But I'm 21 and am looking to lose 85 - 90 pounds. Do you think I will have loos skin or do you think it will tighten any if I use lotions and such? Also do you think when I lose all the weight if I do have lose skin what kind of tummy tuck I would need and how much would it cost with an areola/lift/and augmentation would be?

Tummy tuck+ Lipo + BBL candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.I recommend you a Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour. Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).Kind regards

#plasticsurgery #Tummytuck #

Hi Krissysadboobies,Thank you for your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam with a board certified Plastic Surgeon. Look for a surgeon who has at least one of these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle Very best of luck to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS CARE Plastic Surgery
  • Tweet

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photos you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck procedure to produce beautiful overall results.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be further evaluated, discuss your surgical options, address your goals and work together to create the surgical plan that will work best for you.
With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Loose skin with weight loss

If you are planning on losing an excessive amount of weight, you should expect some loose skin. The amount all depends on your skin elasticity and the factors that affect this are how much weight you’ve actually lost, the length of time your skin was stretched out, sun exposure and your age.

I would recommend after losing the weight and reaching a BMI of 30 or less to have a tummy tuck combined with liposuction for a smooth contour. The RealSelf national average for a tummy tuck is between $8,000 and $9,000. For liposuction it would depend on how many areas you want liposuctioned and what type of liposuction you choose. I would recommend SmartLipo which offers tiissue retraction through soft tissue coagulation, reliable, controlled energy delivery, reduced liposuction procedure time and patient downtime, less bleeding and bruising than traditional liposuction and high-definition body sculpting capabilities, this would cost around $2,000 and $6,000 depending on the number of sites and the sizes of those areas. A breast augmentation with a lift can average between $8,000 and $9,000. In my office and most offices, when you choose to have multiple surgeries performed there is usually a discount applied to the overall cost.

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. If you loose the weight, you will have more skin laxity.  Based on your photograph, you will be great candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Weight loss or tummy tuck

Thanks for your question and for the photo.
Judging on your photo alone, I feel you would be best with weight loss first followed by a tummy tuck.  You have excess skin, your umbilicus is transverse (side ways opening) and hanging skin at the panty line.  These areas rarely resolve with just weighloss alone.
Best o fluck.
Dr T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Post weight loss

so many questions.  you have the right idea. you should lose the weight before surgery. at that point repost your pictures. I would think you would have a lot of loose skin. sometimes young people do very well .  good luck

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss - loose skin

Natural skin tightening can occur after losing weight. How much tightening is very dependent on the person's age and how much elastic properties is left in their skin.  As patient's get older or have gained weight they can lose the elastic properties of their skin.With the being said it is really hard to predict what type of surgery you will need after losing 90 more pounds. It is likely a full tummy tuck will be the answer. As for pricing of an augmentation mastopexy and a tummy tuck- it is best to schedule an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck on your weight loss.

Ryan Hoffman, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Weight Loss

Given your age, I am hopeful that your skin will tighten with weight loss. But a tummy tuck may be required. We will not know until you are at your ideal weight. The cost varies by geographic location but a TT with breast lift/augmentation will likely cost $10-15K. Best wishes.

Loose Skin

Thank you for the question and the pictures.    It is very difficult to tell you which procedures you would benefit most from at this point.   I encourage you to move forward with your weight loss and then see a board certified plastic surgeon to get the surgery that's right for you! By loosing the weight first you should get a really nice result.  There are no creams or lotions that will tighten your skin.   Best of luck!

Richard Rosenblum, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon