Should I get the Co2 laser or Fraxel? (photos)

I've already had the Co2 done on a surgical scar on my face 2 months ago which had stitches before back when i was only 4yrs old. I'm 24 now and debating if i should try the Fraxel instead of Co2 since the surface and deep incision of the scar is the problem. Should i do the Co2 one more time or try out the Fraxel 3 times? There's a deep part and i'd like to even it out with the rest of my skin as much as possible to where i'm satisfied. :) Thank you so much for your feedback!

Scar on lower lip

Fraxel is a great non-invasive way of treating scars.  The depth of the scar is difficult to ascertain in the photo provided.  If the scar is very deep and you can have the weeks of down time than CO2 laser may be the best option for you.  If you cannot have any downtime then I would recommend you have the Fraxel laser.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with Fraxel.

Scar on Lip

Fraxel (nonablative) will take many treatments to get improvement.  I suggest a combination of subcision and co2 laser again.  But likely you will need it more aggressive than before.  Most patients will never clear of a scar but you can make it much less noticeable.  Best, Dr. Emer.