Symmastia or tenting? (Photos)

So I had a BA with lowering the crease and constriction release may 2015. I have had this tenting from week one. I was told to wait a bit to see if it would relax/stretch. No change. I understand that constricted breast correction is imperfect but I'm not happy with the tenting. Im very willing to go with a smaller implant. Suggestions welcome. I have 457cc moderate plus cohesive gel implants. Originally aa/aaa.

Symmastia?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Unfortunately from the photos provided, it is not possible to tell fully what is going on.  It appears to be likely more just "tenting" or swelling and not true symmastia.  

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Do your implants cross the midline when on your side?

If they do, you have symmastia.  If not, its just tenting.  Regardless, if you don't like what the sternum looks like, it can be anchored down if you are willing to take more narrow diameter and smaller implants.  If you have plenty of space lateral, you can use your old implants.  An exam is really needed but both situations will require anchoring the sternal tissue back down to the chest wall.

Curtis Wong, MD

Symmastia Can be Corrected

Hello, I can't tell from your photos if you have symmastia.  Symmastia is when you don't have a space between the breasts.  Normally, there should be a space. You can ask your original surgeon or get another opinion about repair.  The inner, medial capsule can be sutured back down to the breast bone, and the lateral pocket can be opened a little so the implant has a place to go.  The same or different implants can be used.  All the best to you.

D'Arcy Honeycutt, MD
Bismarck Plastic Surgeon

Symmastia or tenting

Constricted breast always are a challenge.The difference between tenting and synmastia is one of degree. If the appearance bothers you, a smaller implant with an attempt at closing the pocket near the breast bone is worth it for you

Julio Garcia, MD

Synmastia?

Have a thorough exam by a board certified plastic surgeon who could better assist you after reviewing the history, physical, and op note. 

Unsatisfactory Breast Augmentation

Your photos are completely inadequate. If your surgeon isn't an ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon who specializes in revision breast surgery, then you should visit a few. Regardless of what you call it, it's not visually appealing or normal looking. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Tenting/Synmastia

These photos aren't very helpful unfortunately. It sounds as though you did have a fairly wide/large implant placed and now, you may require a revision & smaller implant. Tenting typically resolves within a month or two of surgery. The best approach to determine what you have going on is an in-person exam with your Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

Symmastia or tenting?

Unfortunatly the photos are far to limited for us to be able to give any opinion. That would take both pre and post op full chest, unclothed front and side views. But the best idea is to return to the surgeon and ask your questions and determine your options. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Symmastia?

You are going to have to show more of your breast in order to get a meaningful discussion of your breast condition; releasing of the crease is not a great option and can lead to lifetime of breast deformities.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Breast augmentation

Starting from a small A cup and using a 457cc implant is very aggressive.  I would suggest a smaller implant with a more narrow base width.

John Burns, MD