Is it normal to only be able to stand for about 15 min after full TT with muscle tightening and lipo?

I am 8 days post op and of course can not stand straight yet. However I can also only stand about 15 min even though I'm hunched over. My back starts to immediately start hurting and I have to sit back down.

Post tummy tuck and can't stand long

Thank you for your question.Your concerns are quite common and certainly within an acceptable range.  Your plastic surgeon will be best to address the concerns and make sure you are healing properly while excluding any possible complications.Best Dr. L

Post op

I think that you are a little slow ,but within normal limits.  be patient. every week should be better

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your excellent question.  Though each tummy tuck patient will heal differently from both a pain point of view as well as resolution of stomach tightness, it is not uncommon to be easily fatigued after surgery and only be able to stand for short periods of time.  Be sure to voice your concerns to your surgeon as they can closely monitor you to ensure an uncomplicated recovery.  Best wishes.