Which would you recommend; Fillers or plastic surgery? (photos)

51 years young! Concerns: marionette lines, jowls, lack of chin line/neck definition, eyelid extra skin and under eye hollows.

Which would you recommend; Fillers or plastic surgery?

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for facial rejuvenation with hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers. In particular, I think you would benefit from a small amount of Voluma in your cheeks. Voluma is a thicker HA filler that is meant to be placed deep so as to provide structure and lift. Once the Voluma is in place, you may also decide to have some filler placed in your tear troughs, so as to produce a more rested look. I tend to favor Restylane in this area, as it attracts less water than some other fillers, yet it is hearty enough to provide lasting results. You also may benefit from some filler placed around the mouth, but these lines may soften to your liking with the Voluma alone. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with an expert. Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial rejuvenation

Thank you for your question and photos. Fillers are a good choice to help shape and contour the face, especially around the cheeks, tear troughs and marionette lines. Fillers will have a subtle effect but can look good. For a more pronounced change to the lower face, cheeks, eyes, a surgical treatment may be more appropriate. Each treatment has it risks and benefits. Consider your options and what kind of change you want then seek a consultation. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon