Is this normal sagging for an eighteen year old and if not what can be done to fix it? (Photo)

I'm an eighteen year old and I'm pretty disgusted by my breasts. One appears slightly larger than the other, the areoles appear huge and they sag pretty bad. Of course with bigger breasts (34 g) they're gonna sag a little bit more than regular sized breasts but I think this isn't normal. What treatments or exercises could be done to help this?

Normal or Abnormal ?

I think your breasts look appropriate for their size.  Larger breasts go to ground so to speak.  They are normal attractive full breasts.  You also have asymmetry which is quite normal virtually everyone has that to some degree.  I think with your age, unless you wanted considerably smaller breasts as these were limiting your life in some way, I would try not to focus on this and be the best you you can be.  You have a lot of changes ahead of you with potential pregnancies one day should you wish to have children and this will also change your breasts.   A board certified plastic surgeon can discuss different surgical options depending on your goals so you could always get information though I don't know that surgery is indicated here based on what you are saying.  I hope that helps and wish you good luck.  

Do I need treatment

you have very normal appearing breasts and definitely do not need any surgery. Your breasts look  exactly like I would expect fuller natural breasts to appear and you have nothing to be worried about. It is very normal to have slight differences between the two breasts and large breasts frequently have larger aereola. After you have children and age your breasts will change but for now you have a breast profile that many women wish they had. 

Jonathan Amspacher, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

What can i do to improve the appearance of my breasts

Hi and thank you for the question. As a plastic surgeon with a very busy cosmetic and reconstructive breast practice I can assure you that your breasts are very normal. Large breasts will always have some degree of droop or teardrop. From the photos you sent the right nipple position seems reasonable. The left nipple is a bit lower. There are several options for you. First, you could do a lift on both sides. This can help you get smaller areolas that are a bit higher and more even on your breasts. It would also reduce the droop that bothers you. You could have implants placed, but as you pointed out it will make your breasts even larger. You can compensate for this by taking out a small amount of breast tissue at the same time. The best thing to do is see some board certified plastic surgeons so you can share your goals and learn more about your options. One thing to consider is to find a practice like ours that uses the Vectra 3d imaging system. We can show you what you would look like with a lift, implants, or both. 

Dr West

Justin West, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Normal

Thank you for the question and certainly the sagging  you are seeing is normal given the size of your breasts.  The good news is that it can be corrected without scarring with some of the newer radio frequency machines.  So if your breasts are now stable in size see some experts familiar with this technique

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Breast asymmetry

Thank you for the question and photos.  I think most people would think that the amount of asymmetry that your breasts have is mild-to-moderate.  You are correct to understand that the larger the breast the more "sag" there will be.  If you are bothered by either the asymmetry or the amount of "sag" you may want to consider:

• areolaplasty (to have the areolas at the same level)
  • liposuction of the breasts (to reduce weight and therefore potentially reduce "sag".

Both of the these procedures will avoid significant scars if done properly.  Since you are young and presumably your skin is in good shape, liposuction should help with the "sag"  part.  You can potentially even transfer some of the liposuctioned fat into the upper half of the breast to give more upper pole volume.

Good luck with your breast shaping journey.  Take your time to consider your options and do not rush into surgery.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Sagging breast on a young woman

Hi,

You are correct in associating large breasts with early sagging. Unfortunately, there is no type of magic lotion, potion or exercise that will correct sagging breasts. You may want to consider a breast lift and reduction, but that is entirely up to you. You also need to consider that at your young age, weight fluctuations associated with pregnancy and the often unpredictable toll of breastfeeding can change your breasts even further. That said, there is a current method of lifting/reducing breasts that does not affect your ability to breastfeed or affect your nipple sensitivity like conventional methods can. I have attached a short video of a woman who wanted her breasts back to where they used to be without breast implants and with minimal scarring. I hope this helps.

Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Normal sagging for 18 years old

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Should you be satisfied with the fullness of your breasts and are concerned about "sag", a breast lift would be an option that may meet your needs.  Unfortunately, there are no exercises that will correct breast sag.  I recommend that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss options.  Best of luck.

Is this normal sagging for an eighteen year old.

Your breast is very normal, and unless you feel that weight and neck pressure are a concern we feel that surgery is not an answer. A very active lifestyle and lean body mass can help in a positive way. There are many activities out there which can motivate you.

Breast Sagging

There is no "normal" in relation to sagging and age. Asymmetries for breast tissue and areolas are common and larger breasts do tend to sag due to gravity. If you would like to reduce the size of your breasts or change the position of areolas you could book a consultation to discuss breast lift or reduction. Be sure to seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

Breast evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a breast reduction and breast lift.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD