Would I still be able to receive a crown?

my lateral bonded oeg tooth is feeling a bit loose. Since my peg tooth was so skinny, I have a very skinny root. Although my bonded tooth has made my tooth rounder &obviously not as tiny, only a small part of my tooth is actually attached to the gums. (The actual skinny peg/root part) I recently got my gums cleaned bc they were inflammed. I was told I will need to get a crown for the bonded tooth. Will my tooth still be loose Or is it bc the bonding is not attached to gums

Crown may be possible #DrSoftTouch

If the tooth is stable but the bonding is loose, then replacing the bonding with a crown as recommended would not pose a problem. However, if the tooth is loose, I would recommend discussing more long term options, such as a dental implant or bridge, with your dentist. I hope this helps.  Follow me for more questions and answers.

Peg Lateral Incisor

This is difficult to advise you without x-rays.  If the tooth is loose the odds are that it could be time for a dental implant.  I would recommend seeing a board certified periodontist to get your options for this tooth.  

Crown on peg tooth

If the peg lateral tooth is stable but the bonding simple loosened then redoing the bonding or a veneer/crown would be a reasonable restoration.  However, if the tooth is loose, you may want to discus other long term options.  A lot of the time a peg lateral can have the skinny and/or shortened root which does not hold up well long term.  Investing in a crown/veneer for a tooth that is on the decline may not be the best treatment option.  

David M. Schertzer, DDS
Saint Louis Dentist