I had turbinate reduction via coblation and surface appears scarred even though was not supposed to be affected. Why?

2 months post-op from turbinate coblation was able to see lateral turbinate surface via endoscope and the mucosal surface appeared scarred. how could this be when the whole point of this procedure is to preserve the surface of the turbinate?

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-