I have asymmetric nostrils, is it possible to make a nostril identical to the other?

one nostril is completely different & has a whole other style than the other? I was wondering if it could be possible to make the side of nose that I dislike, identical to the side I really like. as you can see, my one nostril that I don't like - doesn't have this lower part of skin & because of that, it gives the look that my nose is hanging down. & if it is possible to get work done on my nostrils, can you give an estimate of the cost? thank you!

Procedure advices:

Thanks for the question. I recommend you to send your photos to give you the advices you want and need. Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Nostril symmetry

It is impossible to get the nostrils to be identical as small amount of asymmetry is natural. The cost varies depending on the geographic area and can be between $2500 to $10,000.RegardsDr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril Asymmetry

Dear glocontrol, 
There are procedures that can be done to help improve asymmetry of the nostrils, but you cannot expect both sides to be exactly the same. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consult to determine if improvement is possible for you. Good luck!

Nostril issue

You would need to be seen in person to determine what is appropriate for you.  In general, everyone has asymmetry and it is impossible to make things perfectly symmetric.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Alar batten grafts can be performed to fix nostril asymmetry.  Cost varies based on geographic region and surgeon expertise.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD