I had fillers put under my eyes. Belotero to be exact. I already had a blepharoplasty. When do you expect this to heal? (Photo)

Excessive bruising following Belotero injection

Thank you for sharing your question. It is unusual to get so much bruising following injection in the tear trough. It will resolve in a week. I prefer using Restylane to treat the tear troughs, because it lasts longer and gives excellent results.  Good luck,

Bruising

It is quite common to have bruising after tear trough injections. It will resolve, usually in 2-3 weeks. Arnica can be beneficial as well.

Belotero under eyes and bruising

I would recommend the V-Beam laser and arnica to help heal this bruising quickly.  It is normal to have some bruising in the under eye area.  Best, Dr. Green

Brushing after filler under the eyes

The skin under the eyes is very thin and right below the skin is your blinking muscle with a rich blood supply. There are also a lot of other blood vessels in the area and this all combines to make bruising a risk with fillers under the eye. This will improve but may take a few weeks. Arnica cream can help the bruise resolve quicker. In my practice I use the VBeam perfecta laser to help bruising dissipate quickly. Talk to your injector as they may have the VBeam available to you or may be able to refer you to a colleague that does.

Matthew Brace, MD
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bruising after under eye belotero

Bruising is always a potential occurrence after injections, especially under the eye and it can take time to go away completely. Up to a few weeks, some careful makeup, warm compress and follow up with your provider are the best options at this time. You can also try topical arnica to see if that will do anything. 

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Post Injection Bruising - Laser Treatment + PDT with Growth Factor

The under eye area can be more sensitive, so normally it will take a few weeks for the bruising to subside. PDT Therapy combines with a growth factor infusion can help with the bruising. For a quicker result, a vascualr laser such as V-Beam can be used, combined with Arnica Forte. 

If you are speaking of the bruising, everyone heals differently. Some people take days, others take weeks. Ask your surgeon whether he/she recommends arnica or bromelain for bruising. Also if they have an esthetician on staff, some good makeup can cover a lot of bruising. 

Hope that helps!

CDK

Post injection bruising

This will evolve through the normal bruising stages. Very similar to your bleph actually. The bruise (leaked blood and blood cells) will slowly be absorbed by your body. It will evolve into a yellow then light green prior to resolution.

Try a warm compress and sleep with as many pillows under your head as you can tolerated. This will help distribute the leaked blood into your surrounding soft tissues as the color dissolves. 

In one week you should be able to use some cover up to mask it though.

DrC

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon