In closing a large gap between two front teeth, will leaving a small space help to make teeth less wide or have opposite effect?

There is a fairly large gap between central incisors and am trying to minimize it with bonding as that is all can afford at this time. want to balance minimizing space while keeping teeth as small as possible in appearance. they obviously have to be larger than normal to fill the space but is it better leave a small space or fill it completely in terms of making the teeth appear as narrow as possible?

Closing large gap between front teeth #DrSoftTouch

If the gap between your central incisors is large, closing the gap completely will result in wide, disproportionate front teeth. Leaving a small gap would minimize the width of the teeth. Better options, that would give you a beautiful smile for a lifetime, include veneers or Invisalign. I would recommend seeing an experienced cosmetic dentist to determine what option is best for you. I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.

Closing large gap between front teeth

If the gap between the teeth is large, the more the gap is closed, the wider the teeth will become.  So leaving a small gap should help to minimize the width of your two front teeth.