Is is Helpful to Use Retin-A on the Face Following Dermabrasion?

I had dermbrasion on a scar on my forehead about 4 weeks ago. I was wondering if it is best to keep using something like dermatix ultra, which I have been using, or to switch to Retin A to get the best results. Thanks.

What to use on a scar after dermabrasion

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear bjh,  Taking care of your scar after dermabrasion can help maximize your results.

• Most surgeons would recommend a pre-dermabrasion treatment with retin-A for a month or so.
  • Stop Retin-A for at least a month after dermabrasion.  I suggest at least two months
  • The Dermatix is a soft silicone occlusive dressing and some studies have shown benefits on scars with silicone sheeting, but I am not convinced of the gel form yet.
  • Sunscreen and reapplication of the sunscreen are imperative in the year after your treatment.

Best wishes

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon