Help with Undereye Bags? (Photos)

Hi, I am 20 years old and I have had bags for the past 2-3 years. I don't think they are that severe, but I do have slightly puffy undereye lids (hereditary), which makes them look worse. I am not sure if I want to go through with any surgical procedures. I would like to know what other options are out there. I see fine lines starting to form, especially when I smile Although no one has said I looked more than 5 years older than my age, my bags under my eyes sometimes make me feel very insecure.

Doctor Answers 6

Eyelid surgery vs. Restylane filler - Los Angeles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hollowness and under eye bags go hand in hand; a lower eyelid blepharoplasty is a more suitable longterm plan, but an exam is warranted. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

Under Eye Injections

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi Leapfrog.  You are an excellent candidate for Restylane injections under the eyes.  Restylane, which is a soft gel replaces volume that has been lost during the aging process, or in your case, volume that was never there because of your facial anatomy.  We would use between 1 CC and 2 CC's of Restylane for you and it would last about 1 year.  Check photos at the link below for results.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

You don't have a bag, you have a hollow.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Under eye Restylane from a highly experienced injector will make a profound difference for you.  Often these treatments last well over a year for someone your age and with your issue.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Help with under eye bags

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

An examination in person would provide the most information, but it's possible that you may be a candidate for a filler, such as Restylane.  This can sometimes be placed below the eye to help with the appearance.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

Help With Undereye Bags

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Without photos, I cannot make a recommendation.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam, to determine the treatment for your issues.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 61 reviews

Non-surgical management of lower eyelids

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Really need a photograph to understand your problem.  More than likely you would be a candidate for a soft tissue filler such as Juvederm.  

Jeffrey Zwiren, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 20 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.