Things to Help Speed Up Coolsculpting Results?

Are there things such as anti-inflammatory teas, massage, or increased water intake that will help speed up coolsculpting result? I realize patience is necessary and downtime is as long as 2-4 months so that need not be reiterated. Just curious if these types of supplements may help? Is the delay due to down time for the apoptosis to happen, or due to the actual removal? Thanks!

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. Healthy diet and exercise is very important to get the best results.  

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting.

Thank you for your question. CoolSculpting is a fat-freezing procedure that is FDA-cleared, for non-surgical fat-reduction treatment. CoolSculpting uses controlled cooling to eliminate stubborn fat that resists all efforts through diet and exercise. There are no studies that show that taking any supplements will speed this process up. You can expect to see 20-25% fat reduction with each treatment. Some patients start to see results as soon as 3-4 weeks after treatment. However, it takes up to 3 months to see full results. I hope this information helps. Best of Luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Zimmer Z-Wave Improves CoolSculpting

There is always a delay in seeing results from CoolSculpting for several reasons. The process of apoptosis refers to slow cell death. The fat cells take about two weeks to actually die after treatment and then the body’s inflammatory processes get rid of the debris. I don't know of any supplements that can necessarily speed up your CoolSculpting results. Increasing water or tea intake will have no effect. The body needs time to break down the destroyed fat cells and gradually eliminate them through the lymph system. Cardiovascular exercise such as walking or elliptical devices increase circulation and may help in seeing results sooner.

We have found that the Zimmer Z-Wave, which is radial pulsed therapy, can enhance results of CoolSculpting by up to 50%.There is no evidence that Zimmer Z-Wave speeds the results up, but it does cause more fat cell death and results are more impressive with the combination.

If you want to get more dramatic and faster results with your CoolSculpting, I would suggest starting a more rigorous diet and exercise program. Please consult a board-certified dermatologist to find out if you are a candidate for CoolSculpting.  

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Massage may help speed up recovery after CoolSculpting, but not proven

Once the fat cells die, the body needs to clear them via the immune macrophage cells. Repeated treatment, can be performed at six weeks (some doctors repeat sooner, and others later). Repeated treatment at this interval may provide a better end result than waiting four months to do a second or third treatment.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Results

You may start to see changes as quickly as three weeks after your treatment, and will experience the most dramatic results after two months. But your body will still flush out fat cells and continues doing so for up to four to six months after treatment. There are not known supplements to speed up the process. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

CoolSculpting...

To help see faster results after Coolsculpting I have had some patients increase their exercise regimens and be more conscientious about their food intake.  Doing those 2 things along with having a Coolsculpting treatment will give even more positive results than supplements.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Grant Stevens        Marina PlasticSurgery Associates          Marina del Rey, CA         The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

Massaging helps to speed up results of Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting freezes fat and the fat cells die.  This process takes several weeks to months to take place.  There are no studies that have shown that any medication will speed up this process.  I have found that intense massaging of the treated area will help to speed up the final results of Coolsculpting.  We offer, at no charge to the patient, LPG or Endermologie treatments to all of our body contouring patients to improve the results of their procedure.  This advanced cellulite treatment (LPG) takes about 35 minutes to complete and feels like a deep tissue massage.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Speeding up the results of Coolsculpting

I am unaware of any reliably effective method to speed up the results of Coolsculpting. We see results beginning consistently at 5-6 weeks after treatment.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Getting the best result from CoolSculpting

In my Raleigh, NC practice, we offer what is called CoolSculpting Complete. It incorporates 2 CooSculpting for treatments in two areas. We additionally offer vibrational therapy to enhance circulation ad lymphatic drainage. This may help eliminate waste, including damaged fat cells be eliminated. We offer each patient a compression garment for comfort and to help with skin quality. Finally, we ask patients to increase water intake and to do minimal exersize, at least some waling every day/ Of course a healthy and clean diet can also help. 

Traditional CoolSculpting is very effective for the appropriate candidate, but we fel these daditional steps could further enhance the treatment and reslts. 

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Massage after the Coolsculpting applicator is removed has been shown to improve results!

We also like to use waist binders when treat the lower abdomen and love handles of males.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including CoolSculpting® tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!