Need Help What Can I Do About my Right Hollow? (photo)

so my left hollow is not too bad i can live with it...but right hollow is more sunken and makes my face look weak what is my option for the weaker right hollow? if it helps my right cheek is flatter and guess not as high but im not looking for cheek implants as im having jaw implants in future

Doctor Answers 7

Filler for under eye hollow

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Restylane can yield a fantastic result for the tear trough, and help to fill in hollowness under the eyes. I would recommend visiting a board certified dermatologist, plastic surgeon, or facial plastic surgeon. They are all great options. I hope this helps, and best of luck.

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 49 reviews

Fillers or fat grafting

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Though fillers are an excellent choice to help improve symmetry and volume loss, another fantastic option is facial fat grafting. This can give a wonderful long term result. The technique is extremely important as you want to make sure that the fat is not injected in a shallow plane which can lead to lumpiness.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 41 reviews

Filler Is Your Best Bet For Your Under eye Hollow

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Don't feel bad, most of us are asymmetric. Fortunately, injection with a filler (Restylane is probably best in this area) should work really well. Since you like the left side, we can use that as a template and add filler until the right side looks like the left. An injector with experience in this area (infraorbital hollow) is key in that it can be a bit tricky to add the volume needed without making the filler obvious. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD
Greenwood Village Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 27 reviews

Best Treatment for Facial Assymetry, Eye Hollows

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi Esaelias,

Restylane is the best option for the hollow immediately under your eye.  For your cheek, Radiesse or Perlane will give you nice results if performed properly.  Sculptra is another non-surgical option.  Be sure to choose your treating physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 36 reviews

Eyelid hollows

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You're right-the sides aren't symmetrical and that makes one eye appear more hollowed out than the other. Restylane can offer an inexpensive but reasonable result. See a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist for a consultation.

Lower eyelid cheek junction injection with Restylane or Belotero

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for posting your picture. You're very good candidate for lower eyelid injection would either Restylane or Belotero. While these injections are not permanent they will give you good results and last approximately one year. Please look for an expert injector in your area.

A well-performed Injectable Filler procedure may improve lower eyelid hollowing.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I reviewed your concerns and your photos. You appear to have a hollow between your orbital rim and your orbital fat. You may wish to consult a physician experienced in the delicate art of filling lower eyelid hollows, as this area can be unforgiving.

My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results.

All the best to you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 430 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.