1 Month Post Dysport in Forehead, Both Eyes Extreme Sagging; Experiencing Headaches and Blurred Vision. What Can I Do? (photo)

I received dysport on March 20th in my forehead only. My glabella area was not treated. I was told I was given a total of 39 units. I woke up the next morning with BOTH eyes sagging down to my eyelashes. I endured horrific headaches, blurred vision, and sickness. My dr said it will wear off in 2 weeks. It has now been 6 weeks and I think it is getting WORSE. I am now waking up with my eyes crusted & sagging. My dr is IGNORING my calls. Please help me! How am I getting worse? Will I ever recover?

Doctor Answers 4

Sie effects and Complications of Dysport

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If your treating physician is ignoring you, see another physician. From your description and pictures, it appears that you have a brow ptosis (weakness), not an eyelid ptosis. However, the associated symptoms are not common. Find another dermatologist or see a neurologist. You still needs evaluation.

Miami Dermatologist

This will go away

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Give it time. The good thing about dysport is that its not permanent. There is no need to worry this is go away. 

Dysport reactions

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dear DepressedinMI,

-Those symptoms sound like they may be related to: either too much Dysport in the forehead or something else that is going on

-Typically symptoms related to Dysport improve as time goes on

-If the symptoms are getting worse, you should see a neurologist to double check things out

Hope you feel better,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 80 reviews

You might also like...

39 units is not really a very large Dysport dose.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I personally do not find the photographs particularly indicative of anything. I would recommending finding a new doctor for your concerns and not going back to someone who can't or won't communicate with you.  Consider seeing a fellowship trained oculoplastic surgeon for an assessment.  The American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a geographic directory on their website that will help you find a well qualified doctor to address your issues after Dysport treatment.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.