How to get rid of this scar caused from my piercing? (Photo)

I believe it is a hypertrophic scar due to getting my nose pierced but I have no idea how to get rid of it, anyone have any useful advice?

Doctor Answers 2


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

That bump is small keloid.  The first line of treatment is a steroid injection.  That may soften the bump and make it less noticeable

Best of luck,

Dr Rodman

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 14 reviews

Treatment of an early keloid

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is an early keloid. Treat with Plato's Scar Serum and remove the piercing. 


Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.