Hard tissue/ bulge after Lipo, is this normal? (photo)

I have this hard skin bulge like line , it sensitive to the touch but boy going away . It's been 10 days since my liposuction, will it go away ? Or is it permanent ? . Its a really hard piece and is sensitive to the touch

Hardness after Lipo

It is pretty normal up to several weeks after liposuction to have some areas of swelling and induration . Your surgeon may advise you to massage the area gently. Best of Luck . Dr. Kachenmeister

Liposuction - will the skin bulge line go away?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

You are only ten days after surgery so the healing is very early. You are not seeing your final result. you must wait a full six months before knowing the result. Chances are it will improve dramatically. Please show it to your surgeon to be sure all is well.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Knowing What's Normal After Liposcution--Add Venus Legacy, Cellutone to your aftercare

It is normal to have some firmness, swelling and discomfort after liposuction and will take several months to resolve. I do recommend adding RF treatments externally like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction Irregularity

Very frequently, small fluid collections accumulate under the skin, causing localized irregularities that may feel firm.  Massage is usually prescribed, along with fairly constant compression throughout the day to help minimize swelling. Follow up with your doctor to have him take a look. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS