Lower blepharoplasty, what's the cost? (Photos)

Would like to look younger . I'm 31 but the hollowness under my eye area make me look tired . I just wanted to know if lower blepharoplasty would help me look smoother and younger . I'm tired on spending in makeup to cover it and I don't want anything that's just temporary . I really need help .

Tired appearance due to dark circles

It appears that you have dark circles under the eyes due to hollowing in the tear trough and cheek area.  If you are seeking a permanent option, transconjunctuval lower fat repositioning would be the procedure of choice. Alternatively, fillers to the lower eyelid/cheek area would improve the appearance as well and usually last 12-18 months. 

An experienced oculofacial plastic surgeon will be able to discuss both options and help you decide which one is best for you. 

Westport Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelids

This can vary, here at plasticsurgeryoahu it ranges from $1750-3000. It is best to see a board certified surgeon for a consultation and can give you the exact cost of your surgery.

• Tweet

Kevin Dieffenbach, MD
Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

"Tired" lower lids

You may want to consider Fractional CO2 Laser resurfacing of the lower lids. This is a gentle way of tightening the skin over the fat pads to smooth the area. This may be all you need. Combination of Juvederm Voluma after laser resurfacing provides a very nice outcome in some patients who do not have excessive fat pad prolapse. See specialist in your area who is familiar with both fillers and CO2 Laser Resurfacing. Best wishes.

Sara A. Kaltreider, MD
Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lower Eyelid Appearance

Based on the photographs, it seems you have a slight dark circle or shadowing underneath each lower eyelid. A lower eyelid blepharoplasty with fat repositioning could help smooth out the appearance. If you were hesitant to have surgery, which would be understandable given your young age, you could also consider using tear trough filler to smooth out the appearance since it is an in-office procedure and is reversible. If you are thinking about the latter, it would be important to see an oculoplastic surgeon since they are comfortable with eyelid anatomy and fillers in the periorbital area.

Mahsa Sohrab, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon