BBL lost all volume (Photo)

Had a bbl just about 10 days ago was the first 4 days thinking it was going to be ok . My doctor never told me not to sit .i did try not to sit lay but have to drive and my kids to school . I still have no butt . I feel my back is fat. And Didn't get the figure I was hoping for . Am I going to lose all the fat ? I feel like I lost at least 70 % off it . My doctor say my butt will get bigger once the fat takes and I eat but how am I suppose to eat when I'm trying to lose weight ?

BBL lost all volume (Photo)

Too early to judge on the final result. You are still at the healing stage. The area in your lower back will be still bruised and swollen and this will take 8-12 weeks to settle. Wear your garment and keep your follow up with your surgeon.  You have to give your body at least 12 weeks to start seeing results and final results can take 3-6 months depending the way your body heals .  

Best of Luck!!

BBL

Thank you for your question and photographs.

You are very early in your recovery period and swelling is still present. Your buttocks will look slightly smaller than it did right after surgery because the swelling will begin to resolve and some of that fat cells will not survive. Fat survival after fat grafting depends on a few things such as technique used, anatomy, genetics, post operative care etc. Best case scenario, usually about 70% of the transferred fat will survive. Within the first 6 months, about 30% of the fat cells will not survive and will be reabsorbed and passed through your body. Whatever fat is remaining after 6 months, is what will remain as long as your weight remains stable. You may undergo a second BBL procedure if you have an adequate amount of fat on your body to harvest. Best of luck.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon