Considering crescent lift after implants.

I am 25 and 2 1/2 weeks post op. When I went for my initial consultation prior to BAM surgery, my surgeon suggested that I may need a crescent lift along with the implants. I have slightly tubular shaped breasts. I ended up getting 350cc in my right and 325 on my left. He said he sat me up and it looked as if I didn't need the lift. However now, my breasts are starting to take the original shape with the nipples pointing down and I am unhappy. :( Should I consider getting the lift?

Crescent Lift After Implants?

Photos would be helpful in answering your question. You are still early in the post op period. Given that you had somewhat tubular breast which implies a constricted lower pole, it is possible that your implant will push through over time and fill out the lower pole and hopefully elevate the nipple position. 

A crescent mastopexy is a worthless operation, it minimally elevates nipple position, causes unnatural elongation of your areola, and typically produces a widened unsatisfactory scar. The generally accepted lift for a tubular breast shape is a periareolar or donut type lift. If your nipple is still oriented downwards after six months when your implant has fully settled it should be possible to correct the position with either a donut or vertical (lollipop) type breast lift. 

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

A couple of things...

1. Still way too early to make decisions- wait at least 3 months for everything to settle.
2. Different implants can improve the position of your nipples- shaped devices help with this more than round implants.
3. Are you under the muscle or above?
4. Crescent lifts don't work very well- neither do circumareolar lifts unless they are used more for tightening and less for actual lifting.

Pictures would help, but either way, you need to wait a while and then we can help you make a decision.  Hope this helps.

-JGH

Adding a lift after augmentation

Thanks for your inquiry, but without a picture it is impossible to advise.  I often need to perform a full peri-areolar mastopexy to address tubular breast. Please discuss with yuor surgeon which lift you need.   

Thank you for your question.  It's hard to say if you need a crescent lift without being able to look at photos.  Be sure to make a consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to look at your options.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Lift after implants

Thank you for your question.  Your before and after photos would be helpful in addressing your question.   At 2.5 weeks postop, it is too early to consider any revision surgery.  Your implants may be riding high which could exaggerate the appearance of downward pointing nipples. Once your implants have settled into their final position, around 2-3 months, you can consider a lift to optimize your nipple position and breast shape.  Good luck.

Lift?

The only way to lift the nipples are with some type of mastopexy, where skin is excised.  This may be done at the time of implant placement or later.  Follow up with your surgeon for guidance.  Good luck.   Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD