Redhead with bruising and pain after laser lipo on arms. Is significant bruising normal? How long will the pain last?

I had laser lipo on my arms 11 days ago and am wondering how long the pain is going to last. About 85% of the area treated is bruised...the bruising is more prominent in the underarm area from armpit to elbow and less prominent on the outside arm area (where I assumed more fat was removed). Is this normal? I'm a redhead and was wondering if this might be why the bruising is so pronounced and why I'm still in a good deal of pain. At this point, is the main cause of the pain the bruises? Thank you!

Resolving Pain & Bruising

With any type of surgery there is potential for bruising and discomfort. I have many patients the next day who have none and some who have immediate bruising and pain. I recommend adding RF treatments (Venus Legacy, Exilis, Ultra, Vanquish) along with shock/vibration therapy Cellutone/z wave and hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. I recommend following up with your Dr. about pain management if necessary. Best, Dr. Emer