Can I recover in two weeks to get back to work after a BBL? How many follow up appointments will I need? (Photo)

I would like to get lipo to shrink my waist and back. I tend to store my fat in my middle section. I would love to have a sexy back one day. I would also like some fat transferred to my butt for a little more volume. Not too much just a nice shape. I hoping to return to work in two weeks.

Returning to work after a Brazilian

Two weeks is probably sufficient for an easy recovery after a typical Brazilian.

Most patients can return to low impact daily activities a few days after liposuction.

The recovery after fat transfer sections to Brazilian is somewhat unique in the importance of protecting the area from pressure and movement to maximize long-term results.

We asked the patients use a special recovery pillow to sit on for the first three weeks after the procedure it.

These are made of firm molded foam and are fairly inconspicuous.

They can be brought to work in a medium size bag or large purse and look more like an orthotic device making it not appear obvious someone had a surgical procedure.

By you saying this custom made Brazilian butt lift recovery pillow patients can return to work a few days after the procedure though having a week off is certainly a nice option.

Consult with one or more board-certified plastic surgeon's with expertise in this procedure.

Each plastic surgeon will have a slightly different protocol for postoperative care of.

Based on your pictures you appear to be a great candidate for this procedure.

My practice is the only board-certified plastic surgery practice in the western United States focus exclusively on liposuction and fat transfer only.

There are many talented board-certified plastic surgeon to the bay area.

I suggest interviewing with several before moving forward with any procedure.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

BBL recovery

Depending on what sort of buttock volume you desire, you could be a very good candidate for brazilian butt lift. The liposuction involved would certainly help w your waist and buttock contour - giving you a pleasing feminine shape. In my practice, I do not want my patients sitting directly on their fat grafted buttocks for 3 weeks to give the fat the best chance at survival and to prevent any divets or contour irregularities. If your job is spent sitting all day, I would try and wait 3 weeks before returning full time. If you are able to stand or walk about, 2 weeks should be fine. If you must return at 2 weeks, I recommend sitting on a football or similarly shaped support to prevent any pressure on your buttocks. I hope this helps! - Dr. Mills

Dan Mills, MD

Can I recover in two weeks to get back to work after a BBL? How many follow up appointments will I need?

Most patients can return to work in 1 week.

You are an excellent candidate for liposuction and BBL as you are now.

Returning to work

Most of our patients are able to return to work two weeks following this procedure, as long as your work is low-impact. The amount of follow up appointments is something you should consider asking your surgeon. 

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well...If you feel good you can return to your normal activities without any problem. You have to go to your follow up appts. At least for 2 weeks to check everything!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

I recommend my patients not to put any pressure on the buttocks for the first two weeks after surgery. Then, a special BBL pillow can be used for sitting for 20-25 mins increments. Discuss this issue with your surgeon since it depends on what kind of work you do. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon