When can I get Liposuction again?

I'm male 23 I got liposuction and a Brazilian butt lift July 13 2016. I don't like the results that I got I feel like I still have a lot of fat areas in my body I feel like the doctor didn't really do a good job on me. I talked to anther plastic surgeon I'm getting it re- done the first week of January 2017. Is that enough time?

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you wait 6 months between procedures for optimal results.  That will allow your body adequate time to heal and recover.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Liposuction revision specialist in Los Angeles

Always go with a plastic surgeon for optimal results. I would suggest our Hidef Liposuction Revision technique which includes lipocavitation, liposonix, exilis RF, skin tightening, Yag laser, Brazilian cellulite release, VASER, and liposculpture to restore your balance. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Repeat liposuction

It is best to wait at least 6 full months before attempting a second surgery. You are still 3 months out so you likely still have some swelling and scar tissue which have not settled and fully remodeled at this time. To maximize your second round of liposuction, you may want to wait to the end of January to have your procedure. It is also likely that you will continue to see improvements in your contour over the next few months. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

When can I get Liposuction again?

Thank you for your question. Usually it takes 6-8 months to be ready for a secondary liposuction. There are two things that will make your second liposuction surgery more difficult. One, you are a male which automatically makes you more difficult due to the fibrous nature of the fat and two, the scarring you incurred from your first procedure. I do a lot of redo liposuctions and I can tell you from years of experience that without the VASER and the power X rotating cannula I could not achieve the results that I achieve. Make sure your chosen surgeon understands this and employs the VASER to sculpt you optimally. Good luck.

Opting for a Re-Do

You could still have swelling. Patients can expect swelling for up to 6 months after their procedure. Your scheduled appointment is after that timeframe, which is fine, but this may not be your final results. I recommend adding RF treatments (Venus Legacy, Exilis, Ultra, Vanquish) along with shock/vibration therapy Cellutone/z wave and hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. you could also get an assessment with a VASER 4D Hi def physician to see if there is other options.  Best, Dr. Emer