I am 1 1/2 wks post- op 450cc I was told during F/U that I had little swelling. Will my breasts get smaller? (photos)

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your plastic surgeon. Your breasts will get slightly smaller, but not significantly. You are still very early on in your recovery. Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will go down and your breasts will drop into their pockets causing them to look and feel more natural. I hope this helps. Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Final Breast Augmentation Results Not Seen At Two Weeks

Dear Pink:

Breast Implants are placed through a small incision; however, the injury is a little bigger than the size of the implants. It takes several months, if not a full year, for everything to settle and mature. Most patients are looking close tot heir final results by three months; however, this is dependent on how tight your skin is and how large your implants are. 

Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to accurately answer your questions. They have seen you before, during and after surgery. At ten days after surgery, you implants are still settling. There will be changes in size and shape over the next few months. Your skin and muscle will stretch in response to the increased volume. The volume of the implant will lower as room is created for it. For 10 days out, it looks like you are doing well.

Joseph Mele, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Concerns after breast augmentation surgery...

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure.  

I routinely ask my patients to wait at least 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to (usually) physically and psychologically adapt to the new body image. 

From the physiological standpoint, it takes many months ( and even up to one year) to see the final results of surgery. factors such as swelling, tissue contraction, skin redraping, implant shifting etc. come into play. You may be pleasantly surprised wants to be "drop and fluff" phenomenon has occurred. You may also be happier once the swelling AROUND the breast implants dissipates and the implants' shape and projection become more visible. 

From the psychological standpoint, patients undergo an “adaptation period" during which time they get used to the changes that the surgical procedure has brought about.  

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with long-term.  

Will they get smaller?

Greetings! The short answer is YES. They will likely drop and fluff and some additional swelling will go away. However, you look great and your will continue to look great even as the swelling dissipates some more. Congratulations and best wishes, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Swelling , some advices:

Thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD