How much cost to remove melasma on my upper lip? (photos)

Melasma and Sun Spots -- Best Treamtent Is Clear + Brilliant / Fraxel 1927 with Microneedling PRP, Pro Yellow is Useful

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
There is no "cure" for melasma but there are great treatments. We are doing a clinical trial now on clear + brilliant with bleaching and microneedling and getting amazing results. I suggest you see an expert. You will need lifelong treatment, sun protection, skin care. But these treatments can give you improvement and then you maintain. Unfortunately, cost cannot be determined without an in person evaluation. Best , Dr. Emer

Clear and Brilliant and Melarase creams for melasma

I would start with a Hidef melasma treatment that includes PRP, Melarase creams in the Kareskin Brightening Kit, and Clear and Brilliant laser. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Melasma treatments cost in Australia.

Can not comment on US, as in Australia, melasma treatments are vvv affordable. Compounded creams and sunscreen- about a dollar a day. Laser with our nurses less than $140 per session - however the protocols are always written by myself, after examination in real person. Video explains. 

Melasma can not be completely cured, however effective treatment are possible. This is because your skin is extremely sensitive to UV and even the smallest amount can stimulate your pigment cells to produce colour. The mainstay of treatment is strict UV protection- hats, sunglasses and SPF every 4 hours.

I prefer to use a combination of creams and laser for melasma. Hydroquinone can be used (5-8%), along with vitamin A creams. I usually start my patients on laser (low dose Q switch or Picosure) a few weeks after they commence on creams. Another laser I use is the Clear and Brilliant in the Permea setting combined with creams.

In some cases I combine glycolic AHA peels, and in other cases I use a tablet called Tranexamic acid to help. Melasma treatments should be tailored to each patient.

All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Laser, surgical and aesthetic dermatologist. Brisbane, Australia