BBL 4 weeks ago, disappointed.

Its been 4 weeks since I got my bbl the results I see is not what I expected I want double of what I see. When I read on realself that doctors Say to wait 3 months for final results does that mean it's going to get bigger ?

Dissapointed after Brazilian Butt Lift

Thanks for your inquiry and I am sorry that you are disappointed with your results.  It is unlikely that buttocks will get bigger with time.  If anything, it will decrease in size some as the swelling comes down and fat reabsorbs.  So, I would recommend following up with your plastic surgeon about the results and the next step.  I hope this helps. 

How long to wait in order to judge the results from a BBL

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist. I agree at least 3 months is needed to asses results and prior to revisions.  Why?  Because we need to allow sufficient time for swelling to go down.  After about 4 weeks, almost all of the swelling is gone from the butt and the size of your butt is fairly stable after 4 weeks.  Your buttocks will not get bigger.  However, the swelling in the waist/torso continues to go down; this change in ratio makes your buttocks appear bigger as the contrast increases.  What are your options if you want an even bigger butt?  You have 3 options:  1) Repeat the fat grafting if there is enough fat 2) Utilize a butt implant 3) A combination of both  
Best of Luck!  Please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Matthew J. Nykiel, MD
Butt Augmentation Specialist

BBL 4 weeks ago, disappointed.

Too early to judge on the final result. You are still at the healing stage. The area in your lower back will be still bruised and swollen and this will take 8-12 weeks to settle. Wear your garment and keep your follow up with your surgeon.  You have to give your body at least 12 weeks to start seeing results and final results can take 3-6 months depending the way your body heals.
Best of luck!!

BBL surgery

Hello,  thank you for your sharing your question.   I'm sorry to hear that from your BBL surgery.   As a matter of fact they won't get any bigger with time.   They will get a little bit smaller.  You should tell your concern to your PS.  Best of luck. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

BBL 4 weeks ago, disappointed.

Thank you for your question. Photos would've been helpful to address your concerns. Unfortunately, your results will stabilize in 3-6 months, but you can expect more shrinkage and not growth. Hopefully, you have enough fat that a BBL done by an experienced plastic surgeon in body sculpting can get you closer to your expected results. I use the VASER technique to allow for better fat collection and sculpting especially in secondary cases where one can expect significant scarring from the initial procedure. Good luck with your healing.

When do I see my final results with a BBL?

It takes at least 3 months for most of the swelling to go away, so you do have to wait 3-6 months to see the final result.  If you still have some fat reserves left, it is possible to add more fat to the buttocks for a larger result.  If there is not enough fat stores left, then an implant can be added for additional volume.  I hope this helps and best wishes. 

BBL 4 weeks ago, disappointed.

No. The final result which occurs sometime between 3-6 months will be smaller. You experience a 30-50% fat volume loss that occurs over many months. BUT your liposuction results will also continue to improve as the swelling goes away.