Where can I go to find or what can I do to receive an inexpensive (and SAFE) breast reduction? (photos)

Hi, I'm 20yrs old in need of a breast reduction. I'm 5'8", 30K (US sizes). I have deep grooves in my shoulders, & constant shoulder/neck/back pain, even after 3 days with no bra. The only close surgeon is asking $10,000. As a college student, I make ~$5,000 per year. I have no credit, and my parents can't help. It would genuinely be more affordable to travel to Poland & get it there, but I'd like to stay in the US. The thought of waiting for years KILLS me emotionally.Any suggestions or tips? :/

Thank you for the question and congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, insurance company involvement if any… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
  Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
***I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways. Best wishes.

Breast Reduction

Better to wait and be safe.  Don't cut corners with this.  Make sure you have an ABPS board certified plastic surgeon and a board certified anesthesiologist.  I see many patients every month that end up in the ER after having complications from medical tourism, or after seeing under credentialed surgeons.  There are many ASPS surgeons that take Care Credit and loans from companies like Prosper. I would give these a shot.  I have seen many patients who have been able to finance their surgeries through the companies, without compromising their health, and get great results!

Joshua Lampert, MD,FACS