Hi I want to get Liposculpture to my arms, stomach and love handles. (photo)

I live in Hawthorne CA .....so near me los angeles area.....I was told lipisculpure stimulates the collegen so the skin wont be so loose. I want to get my arms, stomach, love handles and ofcourse my breast also wanted to see about a butt am pretty flat ;)

Hi I want to get Liposculpture to my arms, stomach and love handles.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Limited results are certainly possible

Based on your pictures, you appear to have a significant amount of intra-abdominal fat. This is fat around your intestines and internal organs. Intra-abdominal fat cannot be removed with liposuction.

You also have significant loose skin on your chest. This will require some form of skin removal to get an ideal shape possibly after liposuction.

Compared to weight loss, liposuction is limited in what it can deliver for you.

If you absolutely are not able to lose weight on your own, then I suppose liposuction may be something to consider if you're willing to accept limited results. 

Don't expect significant skin shrinkage from liposuction.

Considering the amount of loose skin you have, I would advise you to see a plastic surgeon who can offer all the various procedures you might need.

Here are some general thoughts about weight loss. Over the many years of specializing in liposuction, I have found repeating patterns in patients who have a difficult time keeping their weight down.

Eat frequent and small meals. This is perhaps the most important recommendation I can give. Secondly, do not go hungry. It is very difficult to control portion size when we are hungry.

Weight is 90% diet and exercise is 90% fitness.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Loose skin

Based on the photographs you have some looseness of the skin.  Liposuction may result in unacceptable cosmetic appearance of these areas.

Liposculpture is a marketing term and is simply liposuction

So all liposculpture denotes to me is carefully done liposuction.  All liposuction should be carefully done. Period.   Any procedure under your skin stimulates collagen.   You need to lose a lot of weight and then consider some rehabilitative process.   Liposuction by any name is not for you at this point.   Once you lose weight see several plastic surgeons for ideas of repair.  My Best, Dr C

Liposuction for men does great!

you should see a very noticeable improvement with tumescent liposuction under local anesthesia but will need 2 procedures which can be done just days apart. I would do the full abdomen and love handles in 1 procedure and the chest, armpit area and arms in a 2nd procedure. cost is roughly $6500 on special for each procedure and is so worth it. you are back to work in 2 days. sincerely, david Hansen,md

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction can reduce those areas, but it will never improve your skin.  I think that you could try liposuction first by an experienced plastic surgeon.  You can have the fat transferred to your butt as well.

Watch out for expectation mismatches in liposuction!!

Liposculpture is just a fancy word for liposuction. There is no magic here and you need to ask a plastic surgeon to be very honest about what you might expect. My sense is that right now, you are hoping for more than the surgery can realistically deliver. Be careful to understand the limitations.

Liposuction Options

Laser Liposculpting would definitely decrease your size in all the areas you mentioned. Your skin will contract but it's hard to say how much. You do have extra skin and it will persist to some extent afterwards. Laser assisted liposuction helps promote skin tightening but in your case this will be limited by your current anatomy and skin stretch. Come by for a consultation. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Body reshaping

There are multiple options to explore to improve the areas you are interested in at this point.

Body reshaping can be performed with a cannula that removes fat via liposuction or with noninvasive technology like Cool Sculpting. With Cool Sculpting there is no cannula inserted into your body. All treatments are performed on the surface from the outside in using technology that freezes the fat. Don’t hesitate to give us a call in Austin regarding a Body Reshaping Consult at the Upper Room.