What type of face wash should I be using for clogged pores, acne scars, and mild acne?

Ive been using 5% benozyl peroxide for ober a. Year and it hasnt gotten me completely clear. I have very troubled skin with a mixture of a few active pimples, scars, blemishes, clogged pores, and a very uneven skin tone. I dont know what face wash to use. Im Also currently using retin a .025 for the past 3 months which has made a small improvement.

Skincare for Acne

A cleanser with benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid is great for acne prone skin. I recommend Topix Benzaderm Wash with Aloe Vera (10% Benzoyl Peroxide) or Obagi’s Clenziderm M.D., a 2% salicyclic acid cleanser. Benzoyl peroxide is a compound that destroys the bacteria on the surface of the skin that causes acne, while salicylic acid exfoliates dead skin cells on the surface and helps to unclog pores to prevent breakouts. You can try a cleanser with 10% benzoyl peroxide (a step up from the 5% you have been using), or switch to a salicylic acid wash, which will help with the clogged pores and inflammation. Make sure to continue with your RetinA at night and follow-up with your dermatologist if you are still suffering from breakouts!

Raleigh-Durham Dermatologic Surgeon

Skincare for Acne

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Raleigh-Durham Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

I find that lasers and microneedling do more for aging than topical creams and cleansers but they should be used along with the cosmetic treatments.  Best, Dr. Emer.