One implant seems slightly further laterally than the other. Is this something that will resolve over time?

I'm nearly 9 weeks post op and whenever I exert pressure on the implant (this is only affecting one breast) I feel pressure extending towards my armpit. It feels as though all the tissue is being pushed into my underarm. That implant is further away from my midline by about a cm has more side boob which also feels strange as it feels closer to my armpit. Is this something that will resolve once the muscle and tissue relaxes?

Too early to judge

Honestly, it is just too early to judge your final results. Your breasts will continue to change daily over the next 3-6 months as they fully heal and drop/settle into their final position. For now, be patient and kind to your body as you recover. Best, Dr. Nazarian

9 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.

Its too early to talk about final results with only 9 weeks post op.

In my practice, after performing a Breast Augmentation I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Will lateral implant position improve?

Without pre- and postoperative photos it is difficult to answer your question.  That said, at 9 weeks postoperatively, you are still within the timeframe (i.e. inside of 3 months) during which changes will continue to occur.  Relay your concerns to your surgeon and good luck!

Need an Exam and pre op photos

From just a description and without pre-and postoperative photographs it's hard to know just what is going on. At nine weeks however, things may still change. I'll go back to the operating surgeon and decide with him or her what course of action if anything needs to be done. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

One implant seems slightly further laterally

Aloha Margaret,
Sorry you are having concerns with your recovery.
Without pre & post-op photos, or an in-office exam, it's hard to make any useful comments.
My best suggestion would be to return to your surgeon or see an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.
Mahalo, Dr D

Kevin Dieffenbach, MD
Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Difference in implant position

Thank you for your posting.  If your surgery was only 9 weeks ago it is feasible that the implant position and symptoms could change.  This can be followed with your PS and if it does not improve, the treatment options can be discussed.